Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Uni Filter Installation For Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004 | 07:33 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Uni Filter Installation For Warrior

Hey all,

I've got a 2001 Warrior (see sig) and just installed a uni filter in it. Has anyone else here done this before? I got the foam peice adhered to the open side of the filter using some oil/gas resistant sealant (SealAll it's called, wonderful stuff!!). The problem that seems to be is that the filter does not have the same supports as the stock. The stock filter has plastic tabs on the front and rear of the filter which sit on the supporting points in the airbox. The uni filter only has the little foam peice which kinda notches down into the holder, and the end of the filter just kinda floats there. The grease helps a bit but I think that when I put the airbox lid back on, the seal around the carb inlet is being broken because the rear end of the filter gets pushed down by the box lid.

I'd like to hear your guys solutions, or if you've even had this problem?

thanks!

Old 08-29-2004 | 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Uni Filter Installation For Warrior

You still have to use the stock cage thing that was inside the stock filter. Scrape off the old seal on the stock cage and adhere the new one on. Yes, the filter takes a little bit of force to get on the cage. And you still use the plastic cap on the end too. There is a hole on the end of the filter that the little hook thing on the cage can go through. Ride on.