Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wow.. never knew that somone could mess up a quad this bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow.. never knew that somone could mess up a quad this bad!!!

Hey guys i play golf so i had to take off of atv'ing for 3 months (March-May) to play for my high school anyhow.. i leave my rappy at my buddies house cause i dont got a place to keep it, well while it's there they ride it. i Didn't know that they were gonna ride it as much as they did but the hour meter said 88 hours when i left it and now it has 152 so thats 64 extra hours since i left it. I was a little mad now cause the oil tank was leaking and it took my weekend away cause i had to take it to the dealer. while i was taking it there i figured for 64 hours it should need a service so i got that too.. i figured for them to service it and check out the oil tank problem it should be about 300 bucks and i was in a good mood to pay 300 bucks... a day goes my and the dealer calls me and sais its going to take an extra day because were still quoting a price to fix it for you. they said that its alredy up to $1,500 i was liike WHAT!!!!!! they faxed me over what they already pointed out. NGK spark plug-------$3.75re-jet new jet kit-----$91.25filter chewed up so new filter pro flow---- $110.95engine oil---3x $10.50Element assy, oil----$16.69gasket, crank case----$11.66oil tank assy---- 214.29washer, plate----$3.49
(3 things that i cant clearley read)--$4.56---$3.18---$1.55white brothers clutch kit---$129.95

okay thats my list here are the labor prices

clutch---178
jet kit n filter---255
standard 20 hour servicce--- 276.25
oil tank---$85.00
power wash---$85.00

i got this quote on wednesday now on thursday they told me: The transmition is going out and your right crank case is dented in which is affecting the clutch. so i need a new crank case and a new tranny. This made me furious!!!! i yelled at the ppl who were supposed to be taking care of my quad, i mean how is this possible to mess up a quad like this. i know that the tranny in the 01 modles are bad but still.. for a total of $2500.00 to my quad this is so screwed up!!

So anyway sorry to waste your time but i said to he!! with it and im fixing it. paying the 2500 bucks and buying a trailer cause im getting my truck in a couple weeks. So now you guys can yell at me for how stup!d i am.

-Cruz-

Old 06-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Your friends need a serious butt-kicking!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

I know.. they are being real jerks about it too cause they tried to deny that they even rode it im like theres 64 extra hours. they also say that the dealer is ripping me off so they are idiots and the dealer is giving me a break cause it should be $3000 but cause we bought my brothers and my quad there they are giving us a discount so.. whatever happenes happenes i guess!!!!

-Cruz-

Old 06-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

If they dont help you pay for it,wait till you get it fixed and run them over with your quad or destroy one of there prized possesions. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

yea well my budd has a $20,000 shee and ever since he bought it for 20g hes had problems with it like about $10,000 in problems with the piston and stuff so sux for him haha. im going riding all the time now cause its summer n he doesn't have ehought money to fix his so yeah.. it really sux for him!!!!!

-Cruz-

Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

now that the dealer has told u everything wrong with the quad take it bak and do the work yourself. youll save yourself atleast a few hundred $$. and make ur friends pay for some of the parts. thats wat id do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ur dealer, and all dealers for that matter charge top dollar for parts and work. you would be much better off doing the work yourself or taking it to an independant mechanic. the local honda dealer near me chages 75$/hour and the cycle shop down the street charges 50$/hour and charges alot less for the patrs that are needed.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

i would make him pay half of it.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

well, its a good thing you told them that your going to do it yourself. NGK spark plugs do not cost 3.75[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

but anyways, thats why i do all the work to my quad, well, because I know how to, but most places go by list price, that well, just bend over and let have at ya.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

They beat the **** out of it and then deny riding it??? Nice friends! And your dealer is ripping you off!

Old 06-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I know im an idiot i kno.. how much do NGK plugs cost?

Quick Reply: wow.. never knew that somone could mess up a quad this bad!!!