Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wow.. never knew that somone could mess up a quad this bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow.. never knew that somone could mess up a quad this bad!!!

Originally posted by: bsb64
No offence...... but if you wanna ride, ya really need to learn how to work on these things yourself.
you did see him say he plays golf right??? how many mechanics do you see that play golf... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and i dont see why the friend is so bad... the bill is obviously bogus... so he didnt screw him out of money... he just screwed himself...
and he told him he could ride the machine... if you didnt want hours on it then you shouldnt have said he could ride it!!! ya 64 hours is alot... a whole lot in 3 months when you actually think about it... but hey... you said he could!!!

Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

you are getting screwed, that repair is no more than a 1000 if it is really in the shape you say it is, go to a local used bike dealer if you haveone, they are usually good guys

Old 06-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

I understand what your saying but i said he can ride it so i was estimating 20 hours or whatever he put on the quad.. he abused it with 64 hours!!! I am an idiot for letting him ride it and everything, the dealer is bogus for the outragous prices but still.. to get my quad back up and running i had them check over the whole quad!!! so if they make it run like new it better run good!!!! or ill have the dealers ba!!s in my vice!!!!!

-Cruz-

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
Hey guys i play golf so i had to take off of atv'ing for 3 months (March-May) to play for my high school anyhow.. i leave my rappy at my buddies house cause i dont got a place to keep it, well while it's there they ride it. i Didn't know that they were gonna ride it as much as they did but the hour meter said 88 hours when i left it and now it has 152 so thats 64 extra hours since i left it. I was a little mad now cause the oil tank was leaking and it took my weekend away cause i had to take it to the dealer. while i was taking it there i figured for 64 hours it should need a service so i got that too.. i figured for them to service it and check out the oil tank problem it should be about 300 bucks and i was in a good mood to pay 300 bucks... a day goes my and the dealer calls me and sais its going to take an extra day because were still quoting a price to fix it for you. they said that its alredy up to $1,500 i was liike WHAT!!!!!! they faxed me over what they already pointed out. NGK spark plug-------$3.75re-jet new jet kit-----$91.25filter chewed up so new filter pro flow---- $110.95engine oil---3x $10.50Element assy, oil----$16.69gasket, crank case----$11.66oil tank assy---- 214.29washer, plate----$3.49
(3 things that i cant clearley read)--$4.56---$3.18---$1.55white brothers clutch kit---$129.95

okay thats my list here are the labor prices

clutch---178
jet kit n filter---255
standard 20 hour servicce--- 276.25
oil tank---$85.00
power wash---$85.00

i got this quote on wednesday now on thursday they told me: The transmition is going out and your right crank case is dented in which is affecting the clutch. so i need a new crank case and a new tranny. This made me furious!!!! i yelled at the ppl who were supposed to be taking care of my quad, i mean how is this possible to mess up a quad like this. i know that the tranny in the 01 modles are bad but still.. for a total of $2500.00 to my quad this is so screwed up!!

So anyway sorry to waste your time but i said to he!! with it and im fixing it. paying the 2500 bucks and buying a trailer cause im getting my truck in a couple weeks. So now you guys can yell at me for how stup!d i am.

-Cruz-

Just a few things to think about before you chew to hard...

Plug is a no brainer everyone needs a new one
Rejets not his fault period.
Filters wear out anyhow at least you know you need one premaintance a must.
Oil same as plug...
All oil stuff...
Gasket kit how can he to blame on that one, Alot of Yammie leak not all but some do.
OIL Tank Has a hole in it or deffective??? Ask yourself that.
and the rest the clutch/case messed up and so forth that could be a issue.
In short good luck with the repairs youwill need it, you will be less one friend you had last week.