putting the fact that I ride 4-strokes aside, THAT was funny lol

Old 06-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two strokers unite

Originally posted by: YFZblu
Originally posted by: Banshee2003
Originally posted by: YFZblu
of COURSE there's a banshee for sale...they're always for sale...hmmm, I wonder whY? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Of course there are banshee's always for sale there are way more banshees than any other quad out there I bet. What I can't figure is why are there so many Raptors and YZF450 for sale when they have only been out for 4 years?????
lol you show me a YFZ that's been out for 4 years, and i'll GIVE you my bike...And no...there aren't a lot of YFZ's for sale...you just sound stupid now

I said 4 years because that is about when the raptor came out. Like I said there are more banshee's for sale because there are more banshee's out there than 450's and raptors. Most of the time when you see someone selling a banshee is because they could not handle the power or they did not like the powerband. Whats the excuse for the 4-strokes if they are so perfect in a 4-strokes mind.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

Might as well put in my openion like all the rest. The 2 cycle was just perfect for me as a young man. Growing up we did all our own mechanic work on cars, mowers, go-carts you name it. Our Lawn Boy push mower was 2 stroke and the Power King tractor was a Kohler 14hp 4 cycle. My first rebuild was a Yamaha MX100 I found in a dump. I used to swear by the 2 cycle because it was simple but now that I'm a little older and more experienced I like the 4 stroke. It is easy to make the 2 stroke perform (lighter flywheel, port polish, pipes, reeds, jeets, air filter, stroker rod, ect..) simple. The 4 stroke takes a little more effort and some people like the challange of the 4 stroke. I will have another banshee one day but the creativity it takes to make a thumper run is a lot more fun for me now day's. 2 cycle's are great for the average garage mechanic but the DOHC 4 cycle is a little diffrent. I love my bing-bing-bing bikes but thumpers are where the big boy's play. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Heh, well said.

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hitman,

Well stated from a respectable seasoned thumper pumper. I do understand your view for a mechanical challenge to make a thumper make power. You sir are a rare breed of man that actually puts their own wrenches on their own mchines and will achieve ultimate reliability for years.

What gets me is theese guys that go to the Yamie shop and finance a new bike, trailer, helmet, boots, and a "Im a pro rider suit", then come out to your local riding area thinking they are the cats meow . Who wrenches their bikes? Not the owner. Those guys pay labor to have a pipe installed. Its pathetic.

Aint no shame blowing up a 2-Stroke motor. Chances are it will cost me less than $300 to be up and running by next weekend. How much coffee money or credit card debt will the average Raptor owner incur when they blow up?
Thats exactly what keeps me true to my 2-Strokes.

Long trails,
Freak.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Bansheesmoker------

I hope the Queen catches that!!!!!!

She gonna B!%*# Slap Ya !!!!! (and your dogs) lol

Old 06-19-2004, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

well...im only 17, i love my rm125, love the 2stroke power, and the look on other peoples faces when they get utterly smoked by my 125...not a whole lot of quads can hang with my where i ride, and the shee's have a hard time with me also, soo much power can b made from something as simple as a 2stroke motor, with not a whole lotta cash, plus the rebuild cost factor, its dirt cheap compared to a 4stroke, thats why i love my 2stroke....being 17 and a part time job...i can only afford soo much....

Old 06-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Pro Rider

EXACTLY...and thats the exact point that most 4 stroke ppl will say, especially us Raptor/YFZ guys...is that the banshees, and other 2 strokes just simply put are not much of a challenge to build, there is nothing to it. I wanted a more up to date complex machine that will be more fun to get go fast parts for....this is just my opinion. I know that 4 strokes pollute alot more then we think, i know that my raptor does. I swear more so when i am running a higher octane.

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

If actually made a decent sum of cash, I'd own a 4 stroke as well as my R. For some of the riding we do, the R doesn't cut it. If I ever wanna cruise
and check out the views or go river riding in the winter....I'd rather be on a stock four stroke. Whenever everyone goes cruising trails in the summer
to enjoy the nice day and have fun in the mud sometimes, I am usually riding a 250X

Quick Reply: two strokers unite