Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two strokers unite

I like them both for different things. count me in though

Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

ariight man, im in...no rivalry here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-18-2004, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

Like I said before you guys that want to support 2strokes should come over to Everything2stroke.com In less than 5 months we have gained 270 members and growing strong. Hope to see you guys out there.

Old 06-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

2-Strokes aren't going anywhere for a while yet. Maybe where you are but around here they are still kickin strong. All you see around here is shees, 250Rs, LT's, Blasters, KX. YZ, CR, and the occasional four banger...Yamaha is still producing them, and so is all the other companys....Are days are coming to a end?? Doubt er, maybe 5 years after production stops they might be a little more scarce...but right now there is still a **** load of them.

Old 06-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

I am not trying to bash any of you guys in any way. Im just saying that MY experience with guys around here on thumpers are very cocky, because here in Nova Scotia we are still very much a two-stroke world...we still have RZ350's around here like they were made yesterday, and there's tons of em...If you read my post wrong, or If i didn't make it clear, then im sorry. Im really not trying to start a argument because there is no winner we will keep riding the 2-strokes, and you will keep riding the 4-strokes because thats what we like.

Old 06-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

Just ur location explains all...nothing wrong with that though...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 06-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
I am not trying to bash any of you guys in any way. Im just saying that MY experience with guys around here on thumpers are very cocky, because here in Nova Scotia we are still very much a two-stroke world...we still have RZ350's around here like they were made yesterday, and there's tons of em...If you read my post wrong, or If i didn't make it clear, then im sorry. Im really not trying to start a argument because there is no winner we will keep riding the 2-strokes, and you will keep riding the 4-strokes because thats what we like.
so tell me how long is this 'club or group' gonna last when 2 strokes are going to be banned in 2 years, or even before that your pistons will go for a dump? hmmmmm?

Old 06-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

It is going to be alot longer then 2 years dude, it's all still talk..nothing is for sure until it happens....

And I don't even have to worry about it because this whole "ban" on 2-strokes isn't in Canada..so we can ride em all we want [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The yamaha dealer here said that it will be alot longer then everyone thinks and that canada won't ban it, only the usa.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

First off it's not a ban on 2-strokes we will always be able to ride our 2-strokes, they will not be produced any more unless they meet EPA Standards. Now I can believe that the ATV and 2-Strokes will stop productions in 2006. Second there will be 2-stroke motors being made my Ski-Doo is EPA rated for 2008 and my MachZ for this year is rated for 2010 also Dirt bikes will be made for Track use only. Who knows maybe the banshee will be produced for track use only. I doubt it but you never know.

Take a 1987 LT500 which is 17 years old. They are still very much around and still running (my buddy has 2 right now). Figure the banshee has been made since 1987 as well how many more banshees’ do you think are out there than LT500's. So you can figure the banshee will be around a long time after 2-strokes get ban. Another example look at 3-wheelers they are still very much around and they got banned from productions and dealers can't sell them. Also look how many parts are made for the Banshee do you think the parts manufactures are just going to stop producing because the banshee is no longer being produced? Look how many pages of parts are listed for the banshee on eBay.

Yes 2-Strokes do burn oil and pollute. Do you think your 4-Stroke doesn't pollute? The real question you need to ask yourself how long after the 2-Stroke ban will there be a 4-Stroke ban or start cracking down on 4-stroke emmissions? I know you all are laughing this off but think back 10-15 years ago did you ever think 2-Strokes would get banned by the EPA?

Old 06-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

He is right. They arn't going to tell us we can't use them in 2006/07 when someone just paid 7 grand for one the year before.

Quick Reply: two strokers unite