Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

plzzz help me ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plzzz help me ?

ok this is wahats goin on i wanna get a new quad and get rid of my raptor its a 2001 yamahs raptor nothin at all done to it a guy has a 1996 banshee everything done to it an i dont know what i should get every one says you wont be able to drive that in the woods an stuff everything shakesloose from drivin it in the woods cause there made for the sand so wat your in put on this keep the raptor get the banshee or get wat i want a dirt bike a yzf 426 let me know guys

Old 06-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default plzzz help me ?

I have never heard of banshee's "shaking loose"
what type of riding do you do?

Old 06-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default plzzz help me ?

Dude, nothing shakes you worse than an overridden dune area that hasn't had a chance to smooth out. The issue with banshees in the woods pertains to the need to keep them running on the top end to prevent fouling plugs. This means you are constantly reving them in the woods as there are no areas to ride on the top side of the powerband.

Have you ridden many banshees? I only ask because there is a major difference in the riding style required to make a big bore 4 stroke perform and the style required to make a 2 stroke perform.

~HoundDog

Old 06-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default plzzz help me ?

Hey If you want a YZF 426 My buddy is selling his, and I bet he'll give you a deal on it because he is moving and probably wont want to lug it with him, It's his "extra bike" send me a PM if you want and I'll get you some details.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default plzzz help me ?

this is what my couzin said cause he know ill be faster than him still well yea i like woods ride alot alot alot im like ridin mostly 1st an 2nd gear in the raptor so yea i like to go up big hills an go fast to

Old 06-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default plzzz help me ?

banshees are fine in the woods...if you know how to ride. and yeah, some things do rattle loose over time, so i sugest lock-tight, or maybe a lock washer. My chain comes loose, the 2 bolts holding my axel in came loose, and the 2 bolts holding my nerf bars in through my footpegs came loose, nothing you don't notice. if you take care of it, and make sure its all squared away, you won't be disgruntled. Go for it.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Range Rover
Default plzzz help me ?

The banshee is a fine machine but it will be nite and day diffrent from your raptor. I had an 87' shee (you know single upper a arm) any way, if I own it there will be trouble not sure why just my luck. The shee will eat plugs quite often (mine did anyhow), the crank can seperate (this is why race cranks are trued and welded), the carbs need to be kept in sink (set so that the slides both open exactly the same time), the rear brakes last no time (I used EBC's), have to mix the fuel (I used maxama 927), the head lights are dim at idle, but with a few good mods the shee is wicked fast and alway's kept a big grinn on my face!

Old 06-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default plzzz help me ?

thats not bad then any one else

Old 06-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default plzzz help me ?

I've been riding for a couple years now on quads, and have had 4 strokes up until this year when I added a banshee to my line up.
I was in kinda the same situation you are now, I do a lot of woods and trail rides and a couple trips a year to the dunes. I kept hearing how the banshee was no good for trail and wood rides due to the powerband and having to keep them rev'ed up( mainly form guys that strictly rode 4 strokes, the guys I ride with who ride banshees kept telling me they were fine in the woods and I never noticed them having trouble doing it). Well this year I broke down and bought myself one and took it out on trail and woods rides and had absolutely no trouble at all. So basically in a nutshell I see it like this...... If you are an experienced rider you will have no problems riding a banshee in anything except really deep mud and trying to rock climb, other than that it will go anywhere any other sport quad will go! JMHO