Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Shee or Griz?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shee or Griz?

I have been thinking of a ton of mods that i would like to do to my shee, new a-arms, new swingarm, new pipes, 421cc powervalve cheetah engine, elka suspension, the works. But after I added that all up, i realized that im getting a little ahead of myself. So, after thinking about other ways to spend 6 grand (+/-), I thought that I could:

a. pipe the shee and maybe get some other little stuff, but dont go crazy, and then save up for a griz (or a kodiak).

b. same as A, but instead of a griz, sell my crappy car and get a pickup or small suv so i can actually take my shee to go riding (whenever i want to) instead of using my dad's truck (whenever he has the time).

c. go all out on the shee and get tons of aftermarket stuff, but then be without a pickup to haul it, and without a 4x4 quad for the times I'm not duning.

So, what would you do?

Old 06-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Shee or Griz?

Plan b all the way...get a pickup too.

Old 06-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Shee or Griz?

Yeah, thats the most practical, so thats probably what I'll do.

also, it wouldnt make a whole lot of difference for me between an suv and a pickup except that an suv is gonna be more luxurious, if you can call it that. Either way im gonna need a trailer. If i get a pickup im gonna need a trailer for the extra gear and stuff cause I would probably get a short bed and if i did there wouldnt be anywhere to put gear. If i got an suv i could put the gear in the back and get a trailer for the quad.

Old 06-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default Shee or Griz?

plan "B" all the way i ve actually gotta sell my car too for a truck so i dont have to wait for friends to pick me up or go borrow someones truck.