Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Needing info on Grizzly!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2000, 07:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gang, was in need of some info on the Griz: I need to know if anyone knows where I can find info on the 2001 Griz. I am wondering if anyone considers a liquid cooled Griz, better than that of a non/liquid cooled. I have little ones that'll be riding with me, and dont want it to be too hot. Second, does anyone have any pics of the Griz with the locker/tire kit installed that they could email to me? Third and last, any and ALL info on your experiences with your Griz, as well as your opinion if you would buy it again, would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Chris!!

Old 01-10-2000, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer

all of my experinces on the griz are good expect for one. we flipped it down a hill ,
if you have yours in 4 - wheel drive it dont
let the back tires slip at all . so my advie to you is to get one but if your going to be climbing hills do it in two wheel drive.

Old 01-10-2000, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

Have you considered the Kodiak it has the water-cooled engine. Me and a friend were also was going to buy two Grizzly but after riding both of them we bought the Kodiaks instead. The Kodiak runs real cool even with a heavy load or pulling a trailer. If you were thinking that it was not powerful enough to handle the extra weight it dose a real good job. I had me and a friend on mine, it was a combined weight of 570 lbs. It was not as fast as with one person on it, but I didn't want to go any faster then I was going and still had a pleanty of throttle left. Its lighter and easyer to handle, if you have little ones then the machine will be easyer for them to ride later. Not trying to change your mind but take a ride on one before you buy the Grizzly its a fun machine.-------Kyle Kimball-----------

------------------