Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rode and raced a banshee :)

Originally posted by: nickxc
i dont think anyone should experience the constant breaking downs and headaches
always adding something ignorant

My 01 banshee has never left me, however my friends yfz blew up and left him to walk home about 3 weeks ago and about a month before that my buddys raptor dropped a valve and ruined the topend. both quads where around $1000 to fix. You can totally rebuild a blown up banshee (with 2 cylinders) for around $300-$500

You can freshin up the top end on a banshee about 3 times for the price of one 4 stroke rebuild. unless you ride 50000 miles a year you should only have to freshin up about every 3 years or so depending on riding style, care and upkeep, and riding time.

that said, I think everyone should get a chance to experience a banshee once. If you dont like it dont buy one but You should at least ride one they are different than any other quad on the market...

Its a fact that 2 strokes dont last as long (on one bore) and are less reliable than 4 strokes but not by much and if you learn a little bit about them you can have years of trouble free, reliable riding on a banshee or any other 2 stroke.
always ignorant? sorry there kid i dont think uve been around these forums long enough to start saying that kind of **** to me, ive owned MANY two strokes and i dont care who manufactures it or w/e they are unreliable and when they break they are difficult to determine what is wrong, yeah ur buddys yfz this raptor that i dont care what kind they are that doesnt mean anything, anyone can make a falling apart 4 stroke, the FACT is 4 strokes are more reliable and easy to fix because its obvious what is wrong with them

Old 06-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

hahaha, sorry kid ah. You have no Idea who you are talking to...
The fact that you've had many failing 2 strokes tells me that you dont know how to tune them. You probly are in 10th grade and your parents had to take your blaster to the shop to get it fixed every time you put deisel in it. I may not have been around these forums long but Ive been in the garrage for quite a while now and I did say that 4 strokes are more reliable. every time someone posts something about 2 strokes you have to pipe in and reply with ignorance. How about this one??
Textill die before i buy another 2 stroke
Just more ignorance comming from you!!!

4 strokes- last twice as long, produce much less power, burn less gas, accelerate slower, are easier to ride, are heavier, dont polute as much, are harder to fix...

they all have their qualities and down falls, all im saying is you should keep your hands off the keyboard if you dont have anything constructive to add to the thread!!

Old 06-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

the FACT is 4 strokes are more reliable and easy to fix because its obvious what is wrong with them
easier to fix??? have you ever had the topend off a 4 stroke?? Id rather rebuild 10 2 strokes

Old 06-21-2004, 11:34 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva

If purchased new and maintained they are just as reliable as a 4 stroke.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

If purchased new and maintained they are just as reliable as a 4 stroke
I agree 100% and anyone who disagrees either has not owned one or has and doesn't know how to maintain it!!

Old 06-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the FACT is 4 strokes are more reliable and easy to fix because its obvious what is wrong with them
easier to fix??? have you ever had the topend off a 4 stroke?? Id rather rebuild 10 2 strokes
I would as well. Besides the cost, rebuilding 4 strokes is a lot more hassle than a two stroke. With todays advanced 2 stroke oils, my experience is that a 2 stroke is just as reliable as a 4 stroke.
Gary

Old 06-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Originally posted by: Carmelo15
almost makes me want to get a 2 stroke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Everyone should experience a 2 stroke such as the Banshee.
WOW, this coming from a raptor owner. Those have more mechanical defects then a quad zilla. At least banshee's break becaue the owner screws up. My friends 03 tranny just blew and he takes great care of that thing ([probably as good or better then anyone on here). It just in typical fashion $hit on him.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
Originally posted by: RAPTORYFM660r
Originally posted by: Carmelo15
almost makes me want to get a 2 stroke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Everyone should experience a 2 stroke such as the Banshee.
WOW, this coming from a raptor owner. Those have more mechanical defects then a quad zilla. At least banshee's break becaue the owner screws up. My friends 03 tranny just blew and he takes great care of that thing ([probably as good or better then anyone on here). It just in typical fashion $hit on him.
hmmm ur friend must be a crack head like you, i know many people that havnt had a single problem

Old 06-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

hahaha, sorry kid ah. You have no Idea who you are talking to...
The fact that you've had many failing 2 strokes tells me that you dont know how to tune them. You probly are in 10th grade and your parents had to take your blaster to the shop to get it fixed every time you put deisel in it. I may not have been around these forums long but Ive been in the garrage for quite a while now and I did say that 4 strokes are more reliable. every time someone posts something about 2 strokes you have to pipe in and reply with ignorance. How about this one??
Textill die before i buy another 2 stroke
Just more ignorance comming from you!!!

4 strokes- last twice as long, produce much less power, burn less gas, accelerate slower, are easier to ride, are heavier, dont polute as much, are harder to fix...

they all have their qualities and down falls, all im saying is you should keep your hands off the keyboard if you dont have anything constructive to add to the thread!!
OMG DO U EVEN KNOW WHAT IGNORANT MEANS? HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME IGNORANT CAUSE I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER 2 JOKE?, rofl!!!! produce less power? wow u nothing about engines, 4 strokes are much easier to fix. ASK YOURSELF THIS, how many cars do u know that run under 10 seconds on a quarter mile that are 2 jokes?

Quick Reply: rode and raced a banshee :)