Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

is there a head pipe available for a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004 | 10:44 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default is there a head pipe available for a warrior

hi i got a 97 warrior supertrapp exhuast kn filter jetted with 5 holes drilled in the air box i want to make it go faster without spending a lot, i was wondering if anybody makes a headpipe compatible with my exhuast or torque stuffer is there any other cheap mods i can do improve the performance do these little things make a big difference any help appreciated thanx.

Old 06-23-2004 | 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Headpipe will only help the looks of da warrior man.....FMF Powerbomb headpipe is the same length and size as the stock one....you've done all you can before spending more then a little bit of money.

Old 06-23-2004 | 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

The headpipe is useless you wont gain absolutely nothing waste of cash. The torque stuffer is available at alba for 30 bucks but if you want speed then dont buy it. The torque stuffer is exaclty what it name says for torque believe me i own one so if your looking for speed both of those things are not what you need.

Old 06-23-2004 | 11:31 PM
|
Trailblazer

i dont care too much about top speed, i want more torque and snap when i jab the throttle because im a heavier rider.

Old 06-23-2004 | 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well then go with the torque stuffer if you really want power and a lot of push change the front sprocket from a 13 to a 12tooth the big notice in diff.

Old 06-24-2004 | 01:48 AM
|
Trailblazer

how much speed do you loose if i went with a 12 tooth sprocket ? what would be the top speed of the machine with the sprocket and without ? thanx.

Old 06-24-2004 | 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

What is your jetting, is it a stage two dyno jet.......

Are you running a prefilter? How much mud and water do you get on your filter? just curious? I have a warrior with a stage 1 dyno jet. Im thinking about installing a stage two. However that would require me to run a filter that is open to the elements and that scares me about reliability ?/

Old 06-24-2004 | 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

NO.....i would not suggest changing the front sprocket to a 12 tooth, it drops top speed ALOT!!!!!! you can wheelie good and it takes off fast, but you can only go about 35-40 mph. i am a big rider also and am looking for things to do to get more power and torque, but i just did the 12 tooth from a 13 tooth and i changed it back to 13 the same night. plus its harder on the motor, it rev's alot higher. its up to you, this actually did happen to me.

Old 06-24-2004 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I would say get a big bore kit.

Old 06-24-2004 | 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

I doubt you can lose that amount of speed just by going down one tooth up front but if you remove one on the back you lose acceleration adn top speed but the 12th sprocket is when you really need it to pull when you are running heavy tires like 22x12.5-9 then the sprocket helps but its up to you like gwinnwarrior said. I would suggest buying it it not that pricy 15 to 25 bucks depending on where you buy it and what brand. Just give it a try if you like it keep it if you dont switch it back to the 13.

Quick Reply: is there a head pipe available for a warrior