Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Absolutely Unbelievable! Kenz 686

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolutely Unbelievable! Kenz 686

From the dozen i have seen the pin boss seems to be the starting point. What do you do to fix that issue? JE increased the pin lenght but they still do the same thing

Old 07-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Finally got a chance to up date the ride.

It ran awesome! Aside from horrid wheelie style launches it's a killer. No Four stroke out there had a shot. There were all kinds of 4 strokes from the YFZ and, TRX 450's to DS's, EX's, Preds and, Rappy's - you name it... Bad for them - no dice. There was 2 450's i talked to that had pipes and, cam mods and, few other things and they'd get me by 5-10ft out of the hole and, by 2nd or, 2nd, to 3rd they were eating sand. No one else would fess up to what they had done (prolly didn't want to admit it) but, there was no contest.. I was toying w/ 1 and, 2nd gear starts and, even when it was bad i'd be in front by the250-300ft mark. Some dude had a pretty fast predator that turned out was shooting NOS but, he got a spankin too! HA HA.. It was nice to see that when my 240 pound rear got off and, let my 190 pound buddy ride the beatings got worse for the competition!

The built Banshee's were a different story though. Not sure what it is about the 2 strokes but they exploded more of the line and, would get out to a lead early and, had less wheelie problems. My friends have them about as built up as you can get em w/ out having to get a swing arm and, i was within a couple bikes and, sometimes caught up at the end of the drag. The Real built ones were a waste though = 6-8-10in over even more swingarms, 4-8mm strokers, triple cylinders and, cheetah kits were out of the question. I expected that!

Best part about it though was when i got tired of dragging I went to jump and, climb dunes while the stretched out boys parked theirs! It sure was nice having something fast that looked only to be piped. I would love to try a JTM swing extension and, be able to whale on it out of the hole instead of let off then get back on but, I 'd hate to lose the versitility. I'm Very happy!

Old 07-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

sweet, glad it turned out great and you are happy

maybe someday I will get into racing other peeps instead of racing from tree to tree on a dirt path with nothing but bumps and ruts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

I was still kind of of puss with it.. I'm a little tentative to treat it like i did when it was just piped I never really rev'd the crap out of it (it is my new baby). It is real strong and, started w/ a quick tap of the starter button every time. I still have a few unsuspecting friends to beat up on since "they surprizingly couldn't make it up to the Dunes" lol. I'll get em locally!

Old 07-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats CaptBags I have first hand experience on Kenz work

Old 07-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

That is great ...I'm glad to hear that Kenz is the place to go for me (since I live in Phoenix)...I was glad to hear some positive things about his shop.WOuld ya mind saying (ball park) what it cost ya so I can break it gently to the ol' lady as to what I'm gonna suck out of my savings so that I can feel the same rush as you guys with your 686 beauties.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

sO WHAT IS THE price that kenz charges? One with a JE piston and the price with a better piston? Does kenzs do the porting and assembly or does one of the 4 shop hands do it, depending on who has a open table?

Old 07-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 14mins
sO WHAT IS THE price that kenz charges? One with a JE piston and the price with a better piston? Does kenzs do the porting and assembly or does one of the 4 shop hands do it, depending on who has a open table?
Seriously are you trying to provoke an argument or are you always an *** like this???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Just because someone is happy with there work from a builder other than one that you endorse you go and try to pick it apart; come on I'm sure craycraft is great but no reason to rain on someone elses party. I didn't see anyone trying to make Bob's work seem inferior in any of the posts that his customers have left, as a matter of fact I think that Ken has stated on many occasions that Bob does excellent work.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

If I may add to that..I'm sure Bob is great and have heard nothing but the best about Craycraft but I don't want to send anything out of town. The fact that Kenz is here and I can go by and check the work when ever I want is comforting. And if it is screwed up...I won't have to send it out of town again to get it fixed...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

He's just an rear end, he can't help it. he realy dose try to be normal !!!!!

Quick Reply: Absolutely Unbelievable! Kenz 686