Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Absolutely Unbelievable! Kenz 686

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 02:25 AM
rc3
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absolutely Unbelievable! Kenz 686

14 min- we all understand that you are in tight with craycraft, and craycraft does do good work I am sure. But that does not mean that he is the only one that does good work. So why do you have to come out here and start questioning everyone elses work! There can be more than one good engine builder in the U.S and unfortunately for you, it is not up to you to decide. So why not credit some of these other people for there good work, and making more competition for you! That is what keeps some of us going, competition.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

RC3- I am not asking any questions that those having work done by Kenzs should not be asking. So what is wrong with my questions of what he charges? And what piston does he use? That is general information.

Old 07-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know a price for a just a 686. I actually had Kenz do all the work. I shipped them my whole bike because I wouldn't trust myself (lol). They broke my hole bike down, did the motor, put it back together, set it up and, Dyno'd it. Not sure how the break down of labor and, Dyno went but i had shipping in there as well. I suggest you call him. You will not believe how cool he is. He takes time out no matter how busy he is (which is usually swamped) to answer questions and, go over building senarios. You'll see what i mean.

I have no expirience with other builders aside from calling and, talking to them. This is what made my decision to send my bike over 2000 miles to Ken. He is one of the nicest most knowledgeable people i've ever spoke with in a given field. The "You need us and, we don't need you atitude" I got from numerous other places i called, was a downer. Wether or, not your build is NASA secret or, not he actually cares. He's even called me personaly a few times to find out if i had any questions and, how it is running and, how my dune trip went. He also put up with me calling everyday and, driving him and, his crew nuts during the build. They are so cool, if i ever get the chance to get out there i'm taking them out for a few on me!

Old 07-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Perfect...exactly the type of people I like to spend my hard earned money with...and they are local...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

Congrats on your new build. I am glad to see more people getting the service they paid for. I have a Craycraft 686 that flies for a pump gas motor. I have been seeing more and more Kenz builds that people are pleased with. I have talked with several builders and all but one was super nice and willing to take time to answer my questions. I have spent several thousand on mine and I am still looking at different things LOL.Too bad Sparks quit with the raptor? They are not accepting any heads from joe blow public and thier web site no longer lists port work as an option.
Oh I think everyone will agree there is no limit on (how much does a 686 cost?)no matter who does your work. I am sure Kenz is in the same ballpark as far as pricing as the rest and he has a dyno on site!

Old 07-11-2004, 12:02 AM
zow
Range Rover

lol know u kno what its like to own a banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Text

Old 07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Pffffffft

Old 07-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Does kenzs do the porting and assembly or does one of the 4 shop hands do it, depending on who has a open table?
Number one Mark what the difference if I run NOS and Clayton doesn't? I race him constantly off the bottle and win. My Trinity 727 will turn out times of 4.8-4.9 off the bottle and 4.5 on the bottle Claytons bike will run a 5.0 consistant and has turned out one 4.9 with Josh (about 60lbs lighter). So I don't know what your point is there. I do not put in my sig that my Rappy will run 4.5 on race gas!

Also what is your point above? I guess you are trying to say that there is only one person that knows how to build a motor at KENZ? I usually laugh and go on at you, but it gets old hearing you try to tear down other builders and talk up Craycraft. No one says anything bad about CR and tries to start $hit, yet you always try to bad mouth ALL other builders. It just gets old thats all I am saying. Just admit that there ARE other builders that can make fast quads!

Later,
Mike