Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Crash. Should i turn this stuff into insurrance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Crash. Should i turn this stuff into insurrance?

Okay guys i rolled the Raptor over backwards in a wheelie and came down hard and messed some stuff up. I'l list it below if someone could tell me if this stuff from a dealer would cost more then my 500$ deductable.
Thanks

Broken things.

1. Grab Bar broke clean off.
2. The right rear plastic brack is broke off so the back plastic is floppy and i've looked at it and i can't see how this for be fixed really easy.
3. right a_arm is bent and you can tell while looking at it so i'm sure it needs to be replaced the wheel leans in.
4. The light bracket broke off. I have no idea how this broke but it did.
5. the tail light cover broke.
I'm mad that the plastic got so scuffed but not a lot i can do about that

So if you guys could let me know if it's worth packing it up and working with insurrance let me know.

Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

How much is your deductable? More than likely your insurance will raise if you turn it in. Maybe not if something out of your control caused the wreck....like a deer or something running out in front of you...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
I know new plastic is like $500
Take some pics of you riding that bad boy now....a little carnage shows character.
Gary

Old 07-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grab bars aftermarket 50 yamaha 30
plastic 350
a-arm 200
bracket 10
len 10
I just got this prices from a price cataloge I down loaded. They might be different that your dealer.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks man
Those prices help a lot.
I may just order a set of 2+ A-arms for the front. I've always wanted to and this seems like a pretty good reason to do it

Old 07-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Quad Patrol

That's the way to go, buy the parts that you always wanted. If, you turn it into the insurance company, chances are, your rates will go up. And for the little bit your over your deductible, it's not worth it.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Your right
can anyone tell me if these are good and are a good price?
ebay link

also if i go 2+ do i need new break lines and shocks?

Old 07-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

i turned mine into statefarm and they covered it no problems. The problem is they classified it as a fault accidnet and my rates on the atv's and automobiles went up. The tow straps broke and the quad fell off the trailer which i dont think is a fault issue. I asked before i turned it in and they said nothing would change it was like being caught in a hail storm and not to worry about it. if its close on money just pay out of pocket.

Old 07-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: BlackRaptor
Okay guys i rolled the Raptor over backwards in a wheelie and came down hard and messed some stuff up. ...

3. right a_arm is bent and you can tell while looking at it so i'm sure it needs to be replaced the wheel leans in....

So if you guys could let me know if it's worth packing it up and working with insurrance let me know.
seriously what the hell. you do a wheelie and your a-arm is F'ed up? i dont care how hard you came down your a-arms shouldnt be damaged from a 50ft freefall straight out of the frickin sky. raptors are crappier than i thought. yes tun it into insurance and make sure they total it out so you can get a bike worth half a ****.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine did the same thing to his yfz, looped it out doing a 5th gear wheelie and bent his right a-arm, and broke his headlight off. If you just want something to get you by, PM me, I got some stock rappy a-arms in my garage that I got off my neighbor. I was gonna try to adapt them to my Z since they're 2" wider than mine, but it'll be too much of a pain in the butt. I can probably get you a headlight, too.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Alba has a complete front end kit....Alba Pro Comp A Arm's +2, stainless steel brake lines, and elka(or works) shocks for $900-1000(depending on if you want black or chrome a arms).

They also have a stock parts finder where you can get your tail light, rear fender bracket and plastic if you want it. Their prices on the oem stock parts are really good.

www.albaaction.com

Quick Reply: Raptor Crash. Should i turn this stuff into insurrance?