Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LA Honda/LA Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LA Honda/LA Yamaha

I would like to tell you guys about an experience I had at an exeptional dealership. I live in San Diego and bikes always seem to be a little more expensive here than other parts of the country. Doesn't seem to matter if they are atvs, street bikes, or dirt bikes; they just cost a little more than other places. A couple of the dealers who advertise in the local Cycle Trader are LA Honda and LA Yamaha (separate shops owned by the same guy.) The thing that sets them apart from traditional dealers is that they give you a clear "Out the Door" price quote on anything they have. I've tried getting dealers in San Diego to do that and they won't give you an exact price until you have already been there for a couple hours and are a signiture away from purchasing. These "OTD" prices are always hundreds if not close to a thousand less than the sticker prices I see locally. On a few ocasions I have shown LA's prices to The local guys and asked if they could match them, or at least get within $50 so I could avoid the trip to Los Angeles. Each time guys at different dearships have told me the same thing. They say La Honda/Yamaha blatently lie about their OTD prices and that they do it all the time. I was told if I drive up there I will be presented with various hidden fees and that I would be wasting my time.
I recently moved to a beach town (Ocean beach) and a couple of days ago I decided to buy a moped to save on gas. A Yamaha Zuma to be exact. First off, none of the dealers in San Diego had the color I wanted, and the ones that had other colors tried everything they could to "Give me a great price." After I had spent a lot of time with a couple of them I was pretty much assured that I would be spending between $2100 and $2200 OTD for the bike. I called LA Yamaha and not only did they have the color I wanted but they told me I wouldn't pay a pennie over $1899. By the way, the Yammie web site has the bike listed at $1849. Anyway, I drove up to LA and couldnt have been happier. They had my bike preped and ready to go. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes. When I was leaving I told one of the salesmen how much cheaper they were than the guys in San Diego. He then told me if I had a problem with the bike or just needed service that I should take off the license plate frame with their shops name on it because He had heard of guys in the past having problems getting the San Diego shops to work on any vehicles purchased at LA Honda or Yamaha.
Anyway, I wrote them a check for the exact amount we had discussed and that was that. If any of you live in Southern Cali and are looking for a new Honda, Yamaha, Aprilla, or Polaris I would strongly recommend giving these guys a call.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they are great people and would deal with them if I had a chance. But, everytime I went there to purchase one they were all ways out...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But needless to say I have been going to a place called Clawson Motorsports in Fresno, CA and they have all ways gave me the same OTD price and couldnt be happier.

Glad to see someone go there and have what they wanted. I have heard from several others that they are great people to deal with. I dont know why the locals around the other towns can be such A$$holes and dont care who you are. I agree on the license plate thing, same here in my town, the first thing they ask you is "Did you purchase it from us?", Who cares, if its a Honda or a Yamaha it doesnt matter, they are a dealer and shouldnt ask those questions at all.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I know you guys are talkin S.Cali(Just spent a week in Oceanside and San luis Obispo for vacation) but I find the same thing here at Apache Honda in Phoenix..No haggle no hassle and always cheaper than anywhere I go.. I call,, get a price I know is good, they take my info on the phone and by the time I get there the quads are ready to go.. I write a check and I'm gone....Just my two cents.

Old 07-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my Banshee from LA Yamaha a few months ago and was very satisfied with everything. I wanted a 2004 LE but they didn't have any in stock so they placed me on their call list. They called me the day that it came in (I waited about a month) and even held it for a couple of days until I was able to pick it up since I live in the Palm Springs area. I wrote a check for the exact amount that they listed and not a penny more. No hidden fees, charges or anything. I was in and out within 30 minutes. I checked out their website a couple of weeks ago and they actually lowered the price by $200 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. Oh well. I would still recommend them to anyone.