Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor is pathetic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2000, 02:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that many people out there has a ds with the tricks but everybody has a banshee with mods. Its always some clown with a stock banshee tries to race a ds and gets beat and makes the rest look bad. Any average banshee with the normal bolt ons will out pull the ds. The ds is just another player in the banshee hater club. so stock for stock the ds is faster than the banshee
and the banshee faster than the r. but now with the power mods ahhh!!!! the plot thickins

Old 08-13-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

YOUR PATHETIC, MAG500!!! AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IN HELL YOU TALK ABOUT!

Old 08-13-2000, 02:32 AM
Range Rover

whats this cat rollen
a 400ex

what can I say I got one sitten in my garage now my wife has to ride something. She says with 440kit it might have enough power for her.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

just because a machine is 2 stroke dosen't make it a GOD! my little 400 will keep up to the 350 2 stroke of yamaha's. All I am saying is that it is pretty pathetic if they have to be 260 cc's bigger than mine to keep up!

not to mention, its 310 cc's bigger than the banshee! thats almost twice as big! one word, PATHETIC!

now, when it comes to a track, (which I never said anything about) the raptor will kill the banshee. better suspension, more torque, and a slightly improved chassis as a whole.

beat a 400ex? maybe... but it'll be close.

ride smart, ride red.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

YOU GUYS ACT LIKE 4 YEAR OLDS!!!! Who cares about the top speed!!!! When i look for a quad i look to see how much ***** its got. All i have to say is someone needs to do a shootout between the raptor and the 400ex on a track.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

dbl post

Old 08-13-2000, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Moose,
Who are you married to, Heather Rose?

Old 08-13-2000, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Everybody is talking about stock vs modified, see how it handles on the track, top speed etc is losing perspective. Very few machines remain stock for long. If they do it is usually ridden by some dude with no helmet and no skills, so they don't count. If you go to a track and seriously race, you will find very few stock machines, and they will usually be at the back of the pack. Even the TRX250R is not suitable for serious racing stock. So if it is all about racing, it is going to get modified anyhow, and the Raptor will never line up against 250cc 2-strokes unless it is a vet class or something similar. Out on the trail, does a few mph either way make or break your ride? I have a stock(not for long)250R and a Banshee with the normal mods. No DS has ever even been close, but they were all unmodified. The 250R is much more fun to ride aggressively. Take your pick. Don't stomp on someone for thier opinion. I personally don't like the Raptor because of its weight and maintaince issues. Also, how is it in any way close to the weight of a Banshee? 411 pounds? I know a Banshee is only 390 or thereabouts. I could be wrong and I am sure someone like weibz will let me know if I am. I am looking foward to the first Raptor in my area.

Old 08-13-2000, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

It doesn't really matter how fast or quick or how well the Raptor handles. Why? Becasue everyone will still talk s%!t about their own quad. Even if the Raptor was slower than a 300ex some Raptor owners would still talk about how he beat every single quad he ever raced. Alternatively, if the Raptor was truly the fastest then many of the DS650, Banshee and 400ex owners would still say how they beat every single Raptor they ever raced.

I will bet that about 80% to 90% of the people on here outright lie about how fast their brand x quad is. Most of us ride enough to know what is truly fast and what isn't. What is it, if you can't convince everybody that your brand x quad is faster than theirs than you are not a real man?

Old 08-13-2000, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

Like I said the raptor is probally gonna have to be a open riding and dune bike. I think of it as the child of the banshee and warrior. The power,speed,and sportness fo the banshee with the reliable 4stroke and reverse. I dont think yamaha was aiming at the mx scene with this bike.
Its hard to tap into the track bike because they have to compete with not honda but the 250r. If you put out a new bike are you gonna be able to make a dihard 250r fan change over make him give up his tried and true 250r. If your a banshee man or loves big bikes big power the switch is easier. We shall have to wait and see if this narrow raptor has good enough stock suspension for the mx track. If it dosent then it is just the same as all the other bikes. Your still gonna have to make your bike meet your needs.

Quick Reply: raptor is pathetic!