Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Performance Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Performance Raptor

Yes but your looking for headwork, try KENZ its like $400 i think, Desert Toyz i think the told my like $375, i would just said it to Sparks or Craycraft if you want a quality head though. Not saying that the local shop are bad, i would just send it to Craycraft or Sparks IMO.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Sweeeeeet...I had no idea..Ya I love to ride...I ride alot out by Canyon raceway cause it's close but am always looking for new places to ride .That would be awsome dude..Thanks for asking....Just a ballpark I'm on the 59th ave-Bell rd area.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Yah i've been to Canyon Raceway im over at 35th & T-Bird so were close, i used to be the boss at the Piza-Hut by your house on 59th & Bell rd. Me and my friend with eh Z are going this Sat to check out those drags, cuz i've only heard of them not seen them. But ill let you know what its like, im still debating on whether or not to bring my raptor along. that is if i get it back from KMS in time.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

That sounds great..Shoot man you are rite down the road. What time do the races start...If I aint got a honey do list a mile long and if I feed the horses...the ol ball n chain just might let me slip outa here for a bit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

If your interested thats great, um ill have to check with my friend but i thinks its around 8, normally its earliers just cuz its o damn hot they are doing it a litle later at night, if your plan on bringing your quad to drag plan on bringin your paddle tires.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and about the headwork...Tom in Tucson said the same ...I'd like to build something along the lines of yours...10.5 to 1 or 11.0 to 1 with a cam and some headwork and have been saving up for either a ct pipe or a yoshi...I have the White bros r4 on there now that I picked up cheap at Richards but I'm not very happy with it so far.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

If we meet, when i get my bike back from KMS ill let you take it for a spin, let you run the sh*t out of her, and then you can judge the quality if the motor works yourself, i spent like $500 on my entire motor. If anything cuz i mostly drag i should have went bigger bore. Alot of guys on this sire hate CT Racing i dont know why but that all have a mixed emotion about Allen Knowles/CT Racing i would have bought any other pipe.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Cool...My quad aint that fast though I.m only piped ,jetted and filtered...I guess I would just like to see whats runnin first before I totally embarras the crap outa my as$. If ya like..I'll pm you with my #

Old 07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

CT - the kenz dyno day is where a bunch of us get together and head over to kenz and he does three dynos a piece. we all would chip in a few dollars for lunch, then head out to the drays that you were talking about. I have never went but they want to do another one soon.

I haven't had my bike in the dunes yet, i am really looking forward to it though. It has only been on two cinder trips. I definitely won't whoop up on him, i will be lucky to beat him if at all. theya re putting out much more power than me and they are TURBOS!!! We only run paddles in the dunes. Will you be going to Glamis too. We really like going to China wall, that is our favorite hill by far, the steepest legal hill.

Nice to see more AZ people that we can hook up with. Thinking about a Safford dune trip soon as well. Ever been there???

Old 07-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
Yes but your looking for headwork, try KENZ its like $400 i think, Desert Toyz i think the told my like $375, i would just said it to Sparks or Craycraft if you want a quality head though. Not saying that the local shop are bad, i would just send it to Craycraft or Sparks IMO.
If your going to take your bike out to the river bottom on Sat shoot me a PM and let me know. I'll bring my little Kenz built EX and show you how well it runs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Trust me he does quality work, and he is local. Oh and the drags are at 339th and I-10. I'd be willing to show up early and ride for awhile if anyone is interested.

From what I've heard Kelly is waiting to put his personal raptor back together after he gets all of his customers bikes done, I personally think that is great business. I've seen his turbos run in the sand and trust me it won't be as close as it was in the cinders!

Quick Reply: KMS Performance Raptor