Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

KMS Performance Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Performance Raptor

I took the ol' raptor in this afternoon. Let them jet it and put some dyno runs on her. I get her back on Friday anyone want to guess what she is putting out. Its a DynoJet and KMS says they use a "Eddie Brake" on their dyno. Like i know what that is. Hey Rapfam KMS wants to know if you want a rematch they will be at Gordons Well on Halloween. Any way while i was their i had the opportunity to poke around the shop and found a raptor with a 770 kit running a KMS turbo/injection set-up. KMS says the raptor was putting out 75h.p. before the turbo, and with the turbo they are just shy of 110h.p. Motor work was done by KENZ Cycle i think its just a Powroll kit, that they installed, with KENZ head work, not sure what cam they are running but if anyone wants to know i will ask. Just thought i would let you craycraft boys know of the local competition. Like you would be intimidated anyway!

Old 07-15-2004, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Kelly wants a rematch??? Why he was faster... I'm not sure what is going on for halloween, that is my sister's b-day. She loves the dunes, so if we make the trip it will be her choice???

CT-where are you located? phoenix, tucson... I want to make it up to kenz shop and kelly's shop sometime, they are great guys to talk with and they have great builds, who did your porting? how does your bike run, i think i am going to do a similar kit to my sister's bike. Also what octane fuel are you running??? thanks, tom

Old 07-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well i thought you wanted to try again, against that turbo DS since its so hard to jet the cinders correctly i think the injection has the advantage. Plus ill prob end up going with them, and then i should be able to run into you if you go. KMS is located about 10 min from me, Kelly has a nice shop, new..but small and it gets the job done. They only have one tech on board so business is slow for them, i think i might get a part time job with them. Anyways one of the local shops in Phoenix did by porting, my friend is the tech there at Screwie Lewies, so i got it done cheap. It runs good, u notice the cam the most. I haven't gotten the chance to run it hard at the dunes im still waiting for Labor day, my bike only has like 2 hours on the new motor, but ill get print out of the dyno chart and ill post it so that can give you an idea of whats going on. With the motor its a little faster but not by much, like i said you notice the change in the powerband the most. I run 100 octane most of the time, but sometimes i run 110. Kelly says for Labor day they are heading to Sand Mountain, Nevada she says their is good DS competion their.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I definitely want to run with them again. My dad said a halloween trip sounds great. Still too early to tell though. I'm getting married two weeks earlier so it will be a hectic time and I had to take a lot of time off work for that.

Nice to know you are close. Kelly definitely has the advantage with the injection and the turbo setup, and their motors make much more poser than ours. Kelly said he actually tunes the bikes at the cinders because it is the harshest on the bikes as far as load.

we will definitely meet up sometime. Kenz racing wants to do a dyno day, so keep your eye out for that as well.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey I didn't know Screwie Lewies did headwork...Man I've been getting my stuff there for quite some time...maybe I should talk to the techs once in a while instead of looking at parts boots and the cashiers..lol

Old 07-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

What do you mean when you say "kenz wants to do a dyno day" whats that. Judgingby the videos you posted on that other forum, i thin kat the dunes you be able to give the KMS ds a run for their money with your 730. I wonder what happened to their raptor, i know it threw the rod at the dunes a few month back. but ill ask Kelley where its at and whats the status on that. Another factor that i think that your 730 will give that KMS a run for its money is that your running knobies, and they were running haulers on that DS so if you go to the dunes bring your Haulers if not i'll let you borrow by set for a few drags so you can whoop up on Kelley.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Oh the cashiers are do damn hot there, but don't look to hard one of them is a good friend of mine. Do not be mistakin Screwies didn't do my head work, i had my friend that was a tech as Screwies do it on the side for $100 buck, he used the shops machines and told them is was his raptor head.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Man ..some guys have all the luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

But screwies does head work don't they?

Old 07-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey if your ever looking for a buddy to ride with me and my friend on his Z. We are also looking for people to ride with, let me know if your interested. Since your a local boy do you know about the Sat. night drag held by Richards ATV out on 347th Ave. and the I-10. Its not timed or certified or anything like that just a "BUNCH" of people out their at night tearing up the drags.

Quick Reply: KMS Performance Raptor