Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

pred vs. rappy stock pred takes it .why would it be differnt if bolth w

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pred vs. rappy stock pred takes it .why would it be differnt if bolth w

Originally posted by: NJRaptor419
hmmm.. bet that's the video of nicholascycle predator at monkeybutt. Where no major yamaha builders were. I'm on dialup now, so no video downloading. I'll check tomorrow at work tho. now YOU need to find the video of the craycraft raptor beating a streched frame drag banshee and coming in with a time of 4.2 Kinda makes you wonder what times sparks are running, considering they win four stroke wars every year. O wait, I forgot, once again, no predators showed up. Why is that? maybe if you're very lucky, you could get within a second of that time. To all the decent predator owners, isn't this embarrasing?
I don't want to get in to this but I just want to correct u on something...there was some big names there and they got smoked by doug. He didnt even have to rev his pred all the way to win. His pred has 70hp+. one time he had itat 80 but couldn't keep the motor together very long. I am not saying it is the fastest thing out there but it is very fast and runs 4.5's on dirt. We are pretty sure it is the fastest pred in the U.S. at the current time. 4.5 is pretty darn fast for a 4-stroke still running on gas and shocks.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

Who cares preditors are slow raptors are slow, yfzs are slow all quads are slow, if you guys what a real toy machine go by a snowmobile untill then just keep you mouth shut

Old 07-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

owned.
hes almost got a point... but atleast my toy can be used 12 months outa the year... not 3

Old 07-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

70, huh? What bore, what stroke, what compression? And king raptor had 112 hp on his raptor. Airraptor did 75 without spray on gas. Sheeiiit, 14mins did 68 on a 686.. Do you have a dyno scanned? The 4.2 raptor run was on dirt too. And I KNOW Doug is fast as hell. Let's see tho. Did Sparks show up? How about Craycraft, Powroll, etc.. Not an over the counter bike built using their parts, the actual builder and his bikes. Like fsw.. Tuning accounts for a HELL of a lot. Please don't think I'm talking down on Doug. But there is a difference between the bike he runs and the one he builds for other people. I believe after fsw2, Mickey Dunlap said that he wasn't suprised how fast sparks was. He was suprised how slow everyone else was. Yet another tuning genius. Same for Sparks, and Bob Craycraft. I'd like to see him run against one of the other builder's personal bikes. That ought to be interesting.

ps.. can i run your snowmobile against my zx9 in the summer for more than 1/4 mile? Since we are including other things.

Old 07-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Yeeeeeep, ya no the only thing you polaris boys are good for is telling me if my tail light is working.......
ROFL!!!!, man they gotta make a sticker for that...

Old 07-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chode
All you raptor owners better look at the facts again....I own a predator and my best friend owns a Raptor, we bought are bikes at the same time back in 03.......Stock I whooped his *** every time......I just put on an Alien pipe and K&N and I really smoke him now.....If you Raptor owners wanna hang with the new generation of bikes you need to get a yfz450 if you wanna hang in this class....Raptor don't get me wrong has a bunch of power but the suspension is crappy....anyways not trying to cause probs just adding my two sense.
he// i beat you couldnt even hang with my raptor in 100yards i beat them all day long at newtowndragway

Old 07-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone see the new 05 Predator TLD edition? WOW!

Polaris climbing the performance ladder & quick now.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

why do polaris people always try and start stuff in a yamaha forum? jelous cause the same price if not less the raptor owns. must be jealous they got took.....

Old 07-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

All this crap about predator vs. raptor is pissing me off. Polaris copied the design of the raptor. Plan and simple. Have you seen the front end of a predator? Boy it looks familiar. I wonder where they got that from? OH YEAH THE RAPTOR!!!!! I would ride a yamaha over a polaris any day of the week. Snowmobile companys coming out with ATV's what is that all about?

Old 07-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This debate can go on forever. The real question is...

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL REPLYING TO THIS KID'S POSTS?

Quick Reply: pred vs. rappy stock pred takes it .why would it be differnt if bolth w