Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport or utility...

I will second "ParagonChamp"

Wolverine has the best of both worlds.

Old 07-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

i went around to all of my dealers in june and they all said they have waiting lists for the wolvy, but i love it in black. hot. still i think the bruins more up my ally, besides ive been thinking about restoring a 250r or lt250 for the winter, should satify my sport needs.

Old 07-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

there is a bombadier thats a 4x4. cant remember what it is though. i think it retails new for like 3800., the Kawasaki Prarie 360 2x4 or4x4 are good machines. my parents have one. they plow the 400n foot driveway awesome. and they are good in mud. they arent speed demons though, but will go just about anywhere.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoscoePW
ive been asking around at dealers in ny and alot say they have to wait a while for the eiger, and theyre trying to sell me a bruin. ididnt know it came with a winch, thats ccool. how bout the gears it says manual has high and low hows that work?
When I said prepped for a winch, I didn't mean it came with the actual winch. It has everything else like the mounting hardware, wiring and space already ready to go. Everything except the actual winch itself. If the Eiger is $150 more than the Bruin, I would definitely do it because you'll gain a lot of performance between a Bruin and an Eiger. The gear ratios on a manual in low range are just set lower than high range would be my guess, but I'm not sure. Unless it's just the Vinson, I haven't been hearing the greatest things about the Suzuki auto-clutch utilities. I would say stick with auto, but it's your choice. Aaran is referring to the Bombardier Outlander 4x4 which is supposedly also a very good quad, but I don't buy into their reliability. Isn't the Wolverine full-time 4x4? That would definitely deminish some of the sportiness. Just my $0.02

Old 07-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

i went around to all of my dealers in june and they all said they have waiting lists for the wolvy, but i love it in black. hot. still i think the bruins more up my ally, besides ive been thinking about restoring a 250r or lt250 for the winter, should satify my sport needs.
That's what I have, a black wolverine. . . It is a great quad, best of both worlds. Get a Warn 424 and you can hang with the sport guys but still mud with the utility guys.

Old 07-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
ive been asking around at dealers in ny and alot say they have to wait a while for the eiger, and theyre trying to sell me a bruin. ididnt know it came with a winch, thats ccool. how bout the gears it says manual has high and low hows that work?
When I said prepped for a winch, I didn't mean it came with the actual winch. It has everything else like the mounting hardware, wiring and space already ready to go. Everything except the actual winch itself. If the Eiger is $150 more than the Bruin, I would definitely do it because you'll gain a lot of performance between a Bruin and an Eiger. The gear ratios on a manual in low range are just set lower than high range would be my guess, but I'm not sure. Unless it's just the Vinson, I haven't been hearing the greatest things about the Suzuki auto-clutch utilities. I would say stick with auto, but it's your choice. Aaran is referring to the Bombardier Outlander 4x4 which is supposedly also a very good quad, but I don't buy into their reliability. Isn't the Wolverine full-time 4x4? That would definitely deminish some of the sportiness. Just my $0.02

outlander, thats what it was. it was on the tip of my tounge. u can buy a thing called a warn 424 that can change the machine from a 4x4 into a 2x4 with the switch of a button. its specifically designed for the wolverine

Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dude where do you live that its so hard for them to have this stuff in stock? These aren't even new anticipated models or anything, they should have these quads running out their ears by now. And a waiting list for a wolverine? That thing hasn't changed in 8 years at least other than color. It shouldn't be something that is hard to find.

Old 07-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

If you want the best of both worlds the best option is the scrambler 500 4x4 you can out mud the sport atv's and outrun the ute guys.

Yes you can put a plow on them and plow without a problem too.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

the dealers said its hard to find new ones, used are a dime a dozen, but i dont know what id be getting into.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Edited by ATV Connection Moderator:

2. Classified Ads are not permitted in the forums. Please use http://classifieds.atvconnection.com

Quick Reply: Sport or utility...