Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

small banshee problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small banshee problem

Originally posted by: iwantaTurbo
the wires for it must still be there. you can find them and them hook a switch to them then when the switch is off the quad will not start. i can look tonigh and see what color the wires are
ya it still has the wires i have been trying to find out what goes to what but i have no idea so that would be great if you could look for me and if you could please try to find the wires that deal with the killswitch that would also be appreciated. thanks

Old 07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I had a key it is stupid. Do not waste the time to put it back on . There is just 2 wires that go to it . You just cut them off and twist them together and no more key. There is NO theft prevention from it just abunch of clutter.

I run a prodesign kill switch. That or the stock on off switch that is by the lights. It probably wouldn't start because on of the slides was stuck open. That is why it flooded and that is like giving it throttle (hence the high idle) when you hit the gas and release it it probably goes back down. Next time it does it take off the air filter and look in the intake. Both slides should have a really small crack at the bottom to let air in. IF one doesn't go all the way down you have a stuck slide or your carbs arent insink.

1.)If it is stuck adjust the carb tops. 2.) Clean the carbs. 3.) Adjust the throttle cable.

That is also how you check to see that they are in sink. Listen and look closely and they should open and close exactly the same time.

Old 07-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

you should be able to fing the 2 wires that are twised together un twist them and then it will not start. then hook your switch to them!!!!

Old 07-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

By any chance have you messed with your needle setting? And did this occure after that? If so it is very possible to bend the needle a lil and that will cause it to have trouble going down all the way causing a higher idle. good luck.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

if you are still running the TORS oyour carbs they are a good place to start i was having some problems with thoe on my 97 shee
boost bottle somotimes create small air leaks
carb tops check those at 9,000 rpm you create alot of vibration
and is your twist throttle making the problem

maby its just ready to blow up

Old 07-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

maby its just ready to blow up[/quote]

what are you talking about??

Old 07-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

LEBANSHEE i just checked both of the slides and they both open and close at the exact same time but how high do your slides stay open to let the air in ? because mine stay open almost half an inch...i think i'm gonna clean my carbs out tomorrow anyways then i'll let you guys know how it runs tomorrow.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Dont know the exact distance but it is small like 1/4 to maybe 1/2". They dont always have to be stuck up just occasionally and that would be when it reves unwantedly high. To test for an air leak just start it and spray either around the carbs if idle picks up you got an air leak.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

what would i be spraying around the carbs ? water?

Old 07-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry not either, Not sure how to spell it . ether

( screw it) "starting fluid". Thats what's in starting fluid is that word that I cant spell.

Use starting fluid

Quick Reply: small banshee problem