Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Leaving the Yamaha Family!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving the Yamaha Family!

I just exploded my left tierod today with the end and everything, as i was jumping over a huge tree that was down on the trail.....

like 85 bux to fix as i am going to do that, and ride the raptor 1 last time to Wayne National Forest this comming weekend then its going to be cleaned up and sold, i am strippin alot off of it and the dealer has agreed 4700 as a trade in, so basically i will loose my *** on my previous motor work as it is f*cked up now anyway.... and i will be selling my IMS Bumper, ALL GYT Skidplates that are brand new, GYT NIB Sidecovers, all 260 dollars in Billet parts, my CF GYT Mufller, my UM Alum Airbox that i just put on, my GYT Header is goin, the Trail techs are goin, and i should get enough to pay most of my credit card off ( i used it to buy the parts)

and trade the raptor with the AC Propegs, Shocks, Sidewinder sprockets, Axle, Tag T2's stock muffler, header, and a ProFlow....
Alba Graphics w/seatcover...DG VPro Bumper DG Arm Guards, Shock Covers, XCR's on douglas .190's all around.....

I am going to buy the new 05 Z400 as i sold my 03 to my brother in law....so here we go again!
I missed the bike anyway as the raptor has given me not much more then problems and a killer ride in between the troubles!

The 03Z is still problem free as it still runs great, we ride almost everyday and that thing is quite beasty, now that my motor is screwed he blows me away especially on top, where i used to kill him! I am burning a quart almost every hour and a half its insane!!!

This will be FUN! LOL

I dont think i want to do a YFZ because its a yamaha and has been out only a year and am not to familiar to problems and things of that sort as i would be jumping in on something that i know not much about! I am not doggin the YFZ by any means but i have had a bad experience with my raptor in the last 2 months!!!

I ride trails and thats about it....i need reverse for the most part, and i think i would get beaten up on the YFZ, i would get way to fatigued riding standing all the time cuz the seat is farrrr to uncomfortable...a nd the PipeLine that i ride is really rough! I am 6'0 230lbs.....im in shape but not well enough that im going to go out and hit the MX Track full on with the YFZ LOL!

Hope u guys get where im commin from and if u knew everything i have been through with this 04 yamaha you would feel the same i am sure!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sorry to hear that, was most of your problem with the Motor?

Just curious.....

Old 07-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Trailblazer

I'm on my 2nd Raptor and love it. Sounds like you may have went to far with your mods if you mainly trail ride. The badder you make it the more likely it is to have problems. A stock Raptor with a pipe, rejetting , and K&N is great for trails. I race Harescrambles and motos and love the raptor. I have 3 different wheel and tire combos and adjust the suspension for the event.

Sorry to see you leave Yamaha.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

First started when the dealer got ahold of my quad with my big expensive insurance claim with the damage from the mouse that i had over the winter......it all started with them screwin up my hubs and the durablue axle and everything i had on it...then while they had it they have a guy in there that supposedly does good motor work, so i had them order a 686 kit from trinity and install it for me, WELL they did and it ran great for about 3 weeks, as my quad was in the dealer's shop for 2 MONTHS!!!! yes thats wayyyyyyy to long....

It was my motor problems, the linkage in the shifter is pissin me off, the tierod now, my tranny feels like it may let go soon, and i will need a beastier clutch anytime now! Im talkin grands to fix it...so i better get rid of it before it all goes to $hit.....I dont beat on my quad at all its perfectly maintained, cleaned properly taken care of for the most part as you can see in all of my pics! Its just premature yamaha quality wear as i will call it, and advanced riding, as i run Hare Scrambles and ride trails aggressivly and things of that sort! My quad has never even been wrecked!

Hope part of this explains it!...there might be more.......

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Have had my Raptor for 18 months and have not had any problems with it what so ever, it has never left me stranded (knock on wood) and I ride about once a week for most of the day......1/3 trails, 1/3 dirtpit, and 1/3 playing on a local mx track. It seems like most raptor owners either fall into 2 groups......those who have reliable machines without really any issues......and those who are constantly fixing something that is broken. I guess I have been fortunate in the raptor I got.....anyone else notice this, or experience the same thing.....

Old 07-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Whos your dealer that did the work.....

Old 07-25-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

yea...i would amost agree with that only im gonna stick to wut i already know and thats the quality/fit finish/performance of the Z400, and its capabilites and potential....

Im not going to risk another 7+ grand on another raptor hoping that possibly ur right and maybe i got a lemon or took my mods to for but for wutever reason im gettin out of it before i get screwed!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-25-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Norris Motorsports in Medina Ohio.....we went to the Head owner now Pat Norris of Norris AutoMall who ownes the actual ATV Dealership about my problems and failures...

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

With all of this said, i am honestly just turned off with raptors especially mine and just yamaha in general, i guess this is just an opinion and is possibly being said because my dealerships poor quality work and there neglegence of there "experienced" tech, an 18yr old kid (yah real experienced) and how during my claim and the work how they failed to use cotter pins in my castlenutz and talk about how i almost died because of it......

Wheel fell off literally with the hub on it, and i had just got done doing an 80mph run luckily i was only goin like 8-10, in 1st when it happened i was really lucky.....and basically the dealerships support has plenty to blame for this!!!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I can see where your blame is and where its going. I Just HOPE you dont use the same dealer to fix your future quads. Yes I have a Z400 as well and for the most part I did just purchase another Raptor, an 04 model only because I didnt like the YFZ and liked the power of the Raptor. I however have never been stuck or broke down on either bike. I would recomend both of them but I personally wouldnt trade my selection from a Raptor to just a Z400. Dont get my wrong, I wouldnt sell the Z400 and like I said I really love my Raptors.

PS - Just select a Reputable ATV mechanic not the dealer when you decide to upgrade, cuz they just know how to restore it back the way it was or mess it up the way they usually do.

Quick Reply: Leaving the Yamaha Family!