Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Drove a DRAG SHEE today/HELP RAPTOR!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove a DRAG SHEE today/HELP RAPTOR!

i drove a Banshee with T5 pipes and alot of motor work not excatly sure what in it but i got on it reved it dumped the clutch and it got up but when i hit 3rd gear it took off like a rocket it tried to kill me it was pulling me to the rear i couldnt hang on lol but i manged i hit 85 mph (no big deal for yall ppl but the fastes i ever been on a atv was 65) and hes selling it for 3600 im going to tak him down to 2000 and buy it but i still IN LOVE with the raptor and want it but should i wait for the raptor?? LOL ever sense i seen Cradel 2 The Grave i wanted a raptor but help me out here !!!!!

RAPTOR or SHEE (drag ready) o and its a 1998

Old 07-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider

So what kind of riding do you plan on doing? I have a Banshee set up for 600ft drags... Its a drag ported 350 with lots of good stuff on it, however it's pretty much a stright line machine... Not to good for the trails at all...

Old 07-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

if you aint rode a banshee i doubt you would have taken it to 85 MPH, it takes skill to make that happen..And if it did go that fast you went faster then half these banshees on the forum and need to trade the rappy in..

Old 07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ya...what he^ said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

It takes skill to point it straight ahead in sixth and hold the throttle down? nah, just a moment of adrenaline and bliss before your self preservation kicks in. What feels like 85 isint though unless you had it almost redlined in 6th assuming its been geared higher.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
It takes skill to point it straight ahead in sixth and hold the throttle down? nah, just a moment of adrenaline and bliss before your self preservation kicks in. What feels like 85 isint though unless you had it almost redlined in 6th assuming its been geared higher.
Yea, what HE said ^ LOL I agree it just takes a set to do it not really skill, hold on, hold straight, and hold it open!

Later,
Mike

Old 07-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Im talking up banshee hill at glamis, not a groomed track you guys run...of course that would be easy...LOL

but to get it to 85 MPH on a sand hill it takes skill, if not i want to seee your first run at glamis so i can videotape it.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think myself and TheRaptorMan need to make a trip to Silver Lake for some hill shooting.

Old 07-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

anyone have any idea what the motor sounds from that raptor on cradle to the grave was from it definitley wasnt a raptor.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Im talking up banshee hill at glamis, not a groomed track you guys run...of course that would be easy...LOL

but to get it to 85 MPH on a sand hill it takes skill, if not i want to seee your first run at glamis so i can videotape it.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The toughest hill youll find is louisiana is your loading ramps as drive up to put her in the back of your truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do plan to goto glaimis later this year though, wonder if I can make it up with shredders.... hmmm.....

Quick Reply: Drove a DRAG SHEE today/HELP RAPTOR!