Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Release Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2000, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Yamaha today and they tell me the Raptor should be arriving later this month to early September. This is on schedule with the "available in September" that Yamaha published. I then checked with my dealer and his invoice from Yamaha says 1 arrives in September. It and the 2 that follow will all be blue. If your dealer's sheet lists the "L" model, it means blue. If the sheet lists "W", it means white. Can anyone confirm that they are getting the black and white?

Oh well, my helmet and jerseys will match the blue.

Old 08-17-2000, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

I get the first one in Arkansas, I specified White, It is going to be blue. I have not heard of a single confirmed order for white/black till late september

Old 08-17-2000, 08:51 AM
Banned

Hi Shollz,

I was told by my dealer here in Connecticut that I will be in possession of the Raptor in a couple of weeks or so. The dealer that I'm purchasing the bike from also sells Honda and Ducati

IronBear

Old 08-17-2000, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

oh my 500 to 700 buck more for a maching thats a little faster and handles like a dream let me see give me my raptor please

Old 08-17-2000, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I glad to see you are so confident in a quad that hasn't proven itself yet. After 14 years the Banshee is still kicking and whipping anything anyone can throw at it. It is also just so much easier to hop up. This quad with the right mods can easily approach 100hp, there is no way your puny 4-stroke will ever achieve that no matter how much money you put into it. It takes a skilled rider to ride the Banshee that is why most people say it doesn't do certain things right but in the right hands it is unbeatable for horsepower and speed.

Old 08-18-2000, 02:46 AM
Range Rover

JY2276 your frustration with Yamaha building a better quad than the Banshee is all to transparent. The fact is its still a Yami, be happy brother
Yamaha will allways rule!!!!

Old 08-18-2000, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer

By no means am I unhappy with the release of the Raptor just don't be like everyone else and try to write the Banshee off because the Banshee is the one quad which can hold it's own with any other quad on the market in the highperformance category. I am sure the Raptor will be a great quad because it is a Yamaha but I will stick with my Banshee because you can't beat the price for this quad for the thrill it gives you when that power band kicks you in the tail.

Old 08-18-2000, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I just talked to my dealer... he said that none will land on the west coast till sept.. so this month is out of the picture

Jy2276
I don't think that anyone is disputing the banshee, and how much fun it is to ride in the right areas, but alot of us are looking for a machine that rocks the trails as well as the dunes. Also where I ride noise is a major factor, heck the local dunes have a 94db limit... hard to hit with most aftermarket pipes... by no means impossible but a pain. I do alot of riding around my house, and 4-strokes don't make near the noise that I pipped banshee does. I am not knocking the banshee but just because the shee's fits you fine does not mean that it does everyone. I would be willing to bet that the raptor blows the shee' away in the trails.... yes that is peer speculation, but I have rode banshee's enough to know that in tight windy trails..... they leave alot to be desired...... again not knocking the shee' just my opinion. I see you making posts all over about how all of use who put deposits down on raptors should have bought banshee's.... well thats your opinion.... I respect that... but respect the fact that all of use made put deposits down for our reasons.... and I am sure that most of use have owned or rode banshee's to know what they are..... I have owned a worrior,3 diffent banshee's, two recons, and now a FOREMANes 4x4. With all the variety of riding I do... I honestly can say that if the raptor had not ever been made I wouldn't have bought a sport machine....400ex, banshee, or whatever. Again that is me, but the raptor has everything that I wanted in a sport machine.... If I get beat at the dunes by modified shee's oh well that is where they are king.... but I still will be able to go anywhere I want. And then in the woods we will see who rules!

I guess I am just tired of reading the same $h1t over and over from you...... Yes we know that you have a banshee and that U like it...... I really don't care

Old 08-18-2000, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

The last I heard from my dealer was the beginning of September for the Raptor release date. He didn't specify which colors he was expecting first.

Old 08-18-2000, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Good Post Foremanes.

I didn't get a lot of info from Yamaha customer service about a delivery date, so I got on the spanish Yamaha site and emailed them about the delivery date. Here is what they had to say:

Dear sir:
thank you very much for your e-mail we recived,
the raptor model will be in the american market by november at the same time will be in México sorry we don't have the retail price now. we only know
some specifications like four stroke,five valve, sohc, five speed, and two wheels drive and black and white colors.

YAMAHA MOTOR DE MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.
Departamento de Ventas
I left the gents name off of the email.

He is under the impression that they will get the Raptor at the same time the United States get them, by NOVEMBER!!!! Hopefully he is just being conservative.

Quick Reply: Raptor Release Update