Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sound fishy

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound fishy

I posted my raptor for sale to see if i could get any hits i got this email..

Dear Sir/Ma,

This e-mail is to acknowledge my interest in buying your item { YAMAHA Raptor} which you listed for sale. I'm willing to offer you $5,400

Kindly let me know if my offer is acceptable to you then we can proceed on the transaction

pls respond with some pics if available.

Sincerely,

M.Laha

i emailed him back with this response and he responded back like this...

Nate Whicker <pinheadedjoker@hotmail.com> wrote:
Ive got way to much money into it to sacrafice for just 5400 how does 5700 sound?

thanks
nate

RESPONSE

$5700 OK. Send some pics if possible then we can proceed.

Meintz.

SO. i sent him 6-7 pics...... this was his response.....

Thanks for your prompt response, i'm presently in Canada getting ready to leave for Israel any moment from now so may not be able to call due to my busy schedules and besides, i'm in a hotel.

My offer of $5,400 does not include shipping cost because it need to be shipped to my BASE Manila in Philippines. Before leaving for Israel i' ll make an arrangement for a check to be prepare and send to you.

Pls note, i will include some additional money to the check, once you cash it, this excess amount you will send directly to my shipper via western union money transfer because once i'm in Israel i may not have time to follow up so i will like you to communicate directly with them on the e-mail below so you can discuss on where to send the money when it is ready.

As soon as they receive the money they will come for the pick up and deliver to my BASE in Philippines.

contact my shipper at: azshippers@fastermail.com

If my arrangement is ok with you then forward me your name, address, and phone contact for the check to be prepare and send to you at once.

Regards,

Meintz.

After that last email i began to think that this may be a scam and hes trying to get my pics so he can either put them on ebay or sumthing.. or he was just trying to get me to send the raptor and never revieve the money.. I find this fishy what bout you guys? also..

when i emailed him back right after i revieved the email he didnt respond i had told him what i thought about what was said like, i told him i thought it was a scam.. what do you think?

Old 07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

Like it seems real but it doesnt u know..

Old 07-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

only way to know is to start talking money...no money received, no atv shipped...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

should of asked him where he was in canada and told him gewt in your truck now and meet me half way and done it quick befor ehe could say i got to leave.
if he said hes leaving and is unable to answer your emails due to that fact have someone else emial him and see if they can get him to email back if he does then hes avoiding you. Also if hes going to the army and is looking for a quad to take to his base i guess as a car i dont think oyu want to sell the army guy a ticking time bomb lol.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

Yeah.. im just worried about the ebay thing.. since he has all my pics now lol

Old 07-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

Originally posted by: duke9074
should of asked him where he was in canada and told him gewt in your truck now and meet me half way and done it quick befor ehe could say i got to leave.
if he said hes leaving and is unable to answer your emails due to that fact have someone else emial him and see if they can get him to email back if he does then hes avoiding you. Also if hes going to the army and is looking for a quad to take to his base i guess as a car i dont think oyu want to sell the army guy a ticking time bomb lol.

lol, shes fixed now.. but im just worried myself that something else will go wrong.. i mean yeah eventually something will.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

The part where it looks like the item for sale was entered in a standard response area is worrisome!

Like this person responds to everytthing and, has a blank space to enter the item for sale... Hmmm?

Old 07-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

Yeah and then when i bumped him up to 5700 he said okay then in the last email he said he will send the check for 5400.. uhh no!

Old 07-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sound fishy

i heard somehting about people sending bad checks that u cant cash and u end up sending the quad and u find out the check could never be cashed

Old 07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sound fishy

same

Quick Reply: Sound fishy