Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TRX450R or YFZ450?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX450R or YFZ450?

Both seem good. I'm a little brand loyal so I stuck with Yamaha. The YFZ450 still makes a good trail quad, seat is a little stiff but they set it up with racers in mind not the casual trail bunny rider. I love mine in the woods and look forward to XC season starting back up from summer break so I can try it out. Hopefully I made the right choice, and I think I did. It seems suited to either types of tracks whether it MX or XC. Right now the YFZ is dominating the GNCC usually holding 7-8 of the top ten spots at the pro level. There are a herd of them running the XC series I run and all do well, and the riders I talked to helped me to make up mind.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

How much more comfortable is the honda then the YFZ, im talkin trails here GNCC Style racing through the woods.......Which is better the Z400......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]......or the YFZ or is the 450R really as good as it gets in the woods....

How easy is the kickstarter to use, does it for the most part start everytime.......once stalled when the motor is hot, does the hotstarter make it considerably easier to start??????/

these are all questions i would like answered as honestly as possible!

-bLuRRRR27-

Old 07-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
How much more comfortable is the honda then the YFZ, im talkin trails here GNCC Style racing through the woods.......Which is better the Z400......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]......or the YFZ or is the 450R really as good as it gets in the woods....

How easy is the kickstarter to use, does it for the most part start everytime.......once stalled when the motor is hot, does the hotstarter make it considerably easier to start??????/

-bLuRRRR27-
Imo if you get the yfz don't take it back to dealer for anything. When you leave tell them to kiss your a$$ you will never see them again. The reason i say this is because (eg.) You take it back for vavle adjustments. They let some dumba$$ who doesn't know wtf he's doin and messes it up. Well they aren't gonna try to fix it. They will probably put it back and try to blame it on you. Then your out more money and it probably won't get fixed right. My buddy took his for an oil change and the dip $h!t$ couldn't even do that right.

My brothers 450r starts up 1 2 kicks usually when it's cold. If he stalls it when he is ridin is takes about 4 or 5.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX

-bLuRRRR27-
Out of all honesty, i didnt think the yfz's seat was all that bad (i sat on a used one and a brand new one), the new one was harder, but not too bad, nothing id whine about. I really think the Z400 and 450r have a better setup for woods racing, but the R has the extra umph to get you through the woods faster. Kickstarter? easy as pie, 1 to 2 kicks ussually. Hotstarter? some difference yes. noticable? yes.