Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Your thoughts and memories on the soon to be discontinued Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts and memories on the soon to be discontinued Banshee

Eceriderjbomb Said:

well back at ya close but not true. The R is nothing like the blaster.. Its obvous you never rode a 250.. dont you think its a little weird that a fully modded 250r vs a fully modded banshee is kind of funny? since its a twin and all the really funny thing is that its almost a close race..the twin should have made way more power.. But the little 250 powerplant is not left behind stock for stock there like exact and a 370 ESR vs ircuit a cheetah trinity motor yes the cheetah will win but it should have. the 250r is putting out so much power for how little it is. It is funny how you said it is like a blaster when it makes damn near double the HP The 250r is legendary for the tiny engine and the power it made and the way honda built the frame... That is why it prevailed over the lt and the tecate on track.. I know that in top speed both the lt and the tecate beat it but that is not what me or anyone else bought it for.. the frame from everyone's track atv was made to be just the the R's This is why you still see so many on the MX tracks and gncc had to stop them from racing in gncc beacuase they are so good..

After reading that post again I realize it came out wrong. I didn't mean the blaster is like a R powerwise. I ment engine wise. exe. there were 4 single cylinder 2 stroke, roughly 250 cc engine bikes made at that time. ( sure it wasnt as powerfull and the tecate was powervalved but there close in nature) Where as the shee is a twin 350. Makeing it different and more special ( in my mind).