Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly or Kodiac.....I'm stressed out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2000, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wood, not that I didn't believe ya, I was just repeating the answer I got when I asked. So this morning I went to the other dealer in town and low and behold, there was a blue grizzly in the showroom.Trying to work out a deal with him on a trade in,providing my new additions to my Big Bear don't impress me. I really love the nimbleness of my bike compared to the bigger ones, just couldn't keep up on the roads or wider trails. Our group is going on our annual 5 day guys ride 2nd week of sept. so I'll know better then. Our group is called the MUSKOKA WINCHLINES and I'll try to post some pictures when we return, if we are all still alive

Old 08-24-2000, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

The GRIZZLY RULES.I was faced with the same choice,its only $200 between the two.Im so glad that I got the GRIZZ its the ***** it gose anywhere the only thing is you should invest in boot wraps I tore mine all fixed now though,just my opinion.

Old 08-24-2000, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

The GRIZZLY RULES.I was faced with the same choice,its only $200 between the two.Im so glad that I got the GRIZZ its the ***** it gose anywhere the only thing is you should invest in boot wraps I tore mine all fixed now though,just my opinion.

Old 08-24-2000, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi fellows. just sat here and went through the whole list of posts. yo see i just bought a '98 grizzly with 2500lb. winch, am-fm casete, and windsheild. and the best part about it was that it had 12 miles, thats right 12 miles on it. it had been stored for 3 years. the man bought it and went on a ride and while on ride had heart attack and died so wife stored it in garage and then she died 2 weeks ago and they had a estate sale and i bought it for $3200 cash. i tok it to the shop and spent $1000 more having them go over everthing and replacing rubber this rubber that. any thing tha could dry up was replaced. new tires and wheels, new lights, anyting i could think of that might be or go wrong i had them fix it. so now what can i expect out of the machine? is it a good wincher? plow snow good? are the brakes good enogh for regular trail riding? give me some pointers on the machine. i love it.

Old 08-25-2000, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! What a lucky strike! You are going to love the King. I have the Warn 200lb winch on mine. It has plenty of power to pull the Griz around. But then again the Griz ain't as severely overweight as some of the other 4x4 quads. I can't really think of anything I don't like about it. Oh wait.....the only thing I wish it had was a locking front differential. But then again I've gone everywhere that I've tried to go with it, so I guess that is just some wishful thinking. Plus for $169 I can buy a locker for the front. Its powerful, you will be able to toy with any other utility quads out there. You are going to learn to love the engine braking that the Griz has. Its tight, about the same as a manual tranny.

Old 08-25-2000, 03:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks man. i am 47 and not into all this wild hill climbing jumping off cliffs and stuff. i also have a 400 explorer which needless to say is the wife's now. LOL. oh i forgot to mention it had a box onit that was full of what looks like recovery stuff. ropes, chain, even a come-a-long. i agree that i will learn to love it once i get used to it. thanks Lester