Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I just bought a raptor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought a raptor...

make sure the chain is KRIPTONITE! anything else can be broken with a pair of bolt cutters so easily!!!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I like to spray on Simply Green, let it sit a while then hose it off. Easiest way to make the motor and most other oily places looking good without
much effort. By the way, using any of those Orange Cleaners will etch bare aluminum so I would stay away from them. Of course soap and elbow
grease is required.

Old 08-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

hose all the mud off with a garden hose (NO PRESURE WASHER) plug up the exhaust pipe with a large cork or rag,put some plastic wrap over the air box,i use dishwasher soap and a rag wash it and scrub it and use a soft sponge for the frame look at mine how clean, and srub the tires and rims with a brush get in every nook with a towel and stand the quad up and was the undercarragie and then spray the whole bike down with WD-40 after you dry it and then whipe off the plastic and engine make sure there is no WD-40 on the engine or the pipe next time u run it but let the WD40 set for a hour or so! look at mine how clean for an 88

clean huh?

Old 08-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats on your new toy!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer

I have got a white 04 raptor, and when i first got it, i was going crazy trying to keep it clean after going to ride.

I ride at the river here in amarillo, and usually end up gettig mine quite muddy on occasion. I have found that if you buy the new WD-40 big blast and spray the underside of your rappy, dont spray the brake rotor, as well as the sides and suspension parts the mud almost falls off at the car wash, At the car wash i spray a little Purple Power on the chain and motor, and let it set while i plug the exhaust and remove the shock covers. then i go at it, i use the high pressure to blow the mud off, but i keep the high pressure spray away from the front wheel bearings, the decals, and the electrical. I have found that the high pressure soap and rinse will leave your wheels and tires looking showroom fresh, where as washing them at home i could never get the tires to look that good.

Good luck and enjoy your new rappy

Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

on a brasnd new clean fresh plastic i wouln't go either of 303 protectant,,,it is best for plastic and the like,uv protection too so,
it doesn't fade with time.

Old 08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

ive got a 1500psi pressure washer...it hasnt blown any of the sticks off...they are all on just like when i got it...it works alot better than a hose...gets most of the dirt off without scrubbing

Old 08-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

hmm

Old 08-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get water in the exhaust. Go buy one of those "ButtPlug" thingy's..... they are like 6 bucks. You'll probably need the small sized one.....Stick the ButtPlug in the exhaust and you can hose away...

Old 08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

BUDXXX y is the camper on fire?

Quick Reply: I just bought a raptor...