Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I just bought a raptor...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just bought a raptor...

I bought the red and white 2005 660 raptor this weekend. It a blast to ride. My question is, "What is the best way to wash it." I've never had a four wheeler this clean. The white don't seem to show dirt as bad as thought. It want hurt it to hose the whole thing down will it? Any help would be appreciated. It's an amazing machine. LoL

Old 08-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

just wash it like a car, but before you start it make sure there is no water in the airbox, and pull the little valve off that is on the bottom of the air box when you wash it, it wont let water out!!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Get some pics up.. I am still waiting for the call to hear my LE is in [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was told to wash it w/ a hose and a brush/sponge... and that a pressure washer would ruin the stickers. give me 2 weeks or so and i will be in your position [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

that is true, a pressure washer can blow the stickers right off, wait untill it gets really dirty before you use that and then be carefull where you spray it, but a hose is fine anywhere!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

For the white plastic, use Tide w/bleach laundry detergent when you wash it. It sounds weird, but it works better than anything else I've tried.
BTW, congrats on the new toy!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

just make sure when you are hosing it down not to get a ton of water into your exhaust.

Old 08-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here are pictures... Thanks for the post. I'll have to put a bag around the exhaust. I'm probably gonna wash it Thursday. It sucks it is gonna rain this weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Brandon's Yamaha Raptor

I hope the pictures work. If they don't.. I'll upload another way... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yea! What kinda lock should I get for it. I want to chain it up to a support on the house...

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Get as big and as strong of a lock as u can and get a thick heavy duty chain that wont be broke easily and wrap the chain with something like a rag so it doesnt brush against ur frame.. IMO i nice chain for 50 60 bucks is well worth protecting a 6,000 dollar investment

Old 08-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pinheadedjoker
IMO i nice chain for 50 60 bucks is well worth protecting a 6,000 dollar investment
I agree.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its rediculous that you have to chain up something like this, but I dang sure don't want it stole. Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna chain it to the foundation post in the basement. If they cut the frame they it pretty much ruined anyway. I definitely am gonna rap it heavy in rags. I'd hate to scratch my frame. Thanks again for all the replies.

Quick Reply: I just bought a raptor...