Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How Big Of A Jump Have You Hit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Big Of A Jump Have You Hit?

you know 134ft and some odd inches is the World Record? my personal best is about 5ft high 30 ft long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] no bs i preloaded off the jump half way off the ramp in top of 5th and launched that sucka [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think most of you are thinking right. I'd say it is how you measure it. the 60footer i stated was from the top of one double to the landing on the other side of the second. I wear an, 11 1/2 boot and, it was around 60 steps.?

The guys in the Huevos Movies do 2 and, 3 times that with ease! I'd love to know how they do it cuz i'd try it in a second. I just would be going to the ER for new legs because my suspension sucks!

Old 09-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

speedy what do you mean by preload? the only time ive ever heard of that was in Off road fury2 but im not the sport quad type.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

I was goin up a trail once to this cabin some drunk guy owns,,,, and theres a big *** lauch at the top , on a turn that i always forget about. i got like 8 feet on a recon.... if i went ten my *** was goin
off a cliff.

Old 09-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When you jump, you have to have somewhat soft shocks/springs and sit down(push down) on your quad right at the moment before take off, and this will in turn let your springs help you jump even further

You guys with fast connections, go to Doug gust's site and watch the video on there with his new helment cam.......he jumps some 100 footers with no problems!!!!

Doug Gust

Old 09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Preloading im refering to is right when your about at the jump( at bottom of it) u push down to compress the susp. and then let off and when u hit the jump it compress es even more to throw u higher and further

Old 09-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

I've hit a 35 - 40 ft tabletop. Pic should be in my profile but it doesn't show the whole jump. ALso at that same track there is a 56 - 58 ft. tabletop that I did on Saturday and I landed at the very bottom of it ~65 ft.

Old 09-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

80 ft table on 450r shocks on my 400ex and 110 table on pep on my 440ex (same quad as on the 80 ft just built up more)

Old 09-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I've only ever hit a 65 foot jump, I have a video to prove it, though I need to find a decent way to get it onto the computer (it is tape).
Most of the time guys at local sand pits will make us jumps with their cats because they also ride. Which consist a lot of 40 foot doubles, table tops, and usually like 15 foot high step ups. It is a lot of fun and I will take pictures foreveryone next time we all get together and go riding.

...and for people talking big on table tops, it is pretty much a joke because you can have rider error and ride away from it. Once you hit a 80 foot or whatever double then you can talk big out it.

For the guy with the DS, I would love to ride at the dunes and jump like that, I've seen so many videos and only dream of flying off a dune like that, 90 feet would be awesome

Old 09-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

The funnest jump I've found was in the U.P. There is about a 50 deg ramp naturally down a rough road leading to the site on pictures. It's only about 8 feet high, but you have to hit it doing at least 50 to 60 minimum to jump over a nasty extensive lake of water that's on the other side. The water is about 2.5 feet deep, so if you don't clear it you're gonna be punished. There is plenty of large boulders to avoid also. That copper filled mud up there is something you don't want to mess with, it glues to everything for months, especially exhaust pipes. If you have the full chassis skid you can hydroplane upon landing to the shore if you keep your front end up enough and downshift in time.

Quick Reply: How Big Of A Jump Have You Hit?