Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing

Great Videos. reminds me of St Anthonies..........

Thanks for the mental image of a girl pucker. heh.

Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

hey Just4Kicks, I made $50bowl on my raptor when it only had K&N, degree key, DynoJet kit, full DMC Alien exhaust and paddles running about 2Psi, not the red side though and I went right up the middle of it not to the right where the trees are and I made a good running start from the top of the other side so had plenty of momentum but that only carried me about a 1/4 of the way up. My TT600 spanked it easy, but still didnt try the red side, that thing is steep!!!!! Ky crazy buddy on his banshee went up the right side of the red hill and made it, we were all running paddles!!

Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

warwgn, thanks for that. I would try just about anything I could turn around on. If I can't turn around (trees) I probably won't be doing it. I've already cartwheeled down a steep hill before it sure isn't any fun. I DO NOT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT ROLLING DOWN ONE OF THOSE BAD BOYS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

I want to see some good vids of people and quads rolling down some of those hills. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lovbyts
I want to see some good vids of people and quads rolling down some of those hills. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Did you see italian's three part series I posted a while back???

Just4kicks - you've got $100 hill with paddles but not sure about the red part of $50 bowl, It is really really steep. I've made it every time but once and it almost cost me my bike, scared to death buryed up 3/4 of the way up!!! It was very ugly, very ugly, I still think about that when I climb it to this day.

They can air vac you out but not in bowls you have to carry the person out of the bowl. The helicopter won't go into the bowl. We had to carry a guy out of $50 punctured lung, broken arms and ribs, carried him out on a stretcher, and it takes forever to get someone out on foot with 4 people and the stretcher.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Coming back from Lake Powell two weeks ago I saw the "Corral Pink" off road area. It this where you are talking about? How far off the highway is it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Man, those cheapo knobbies must really have great floatation. I could barely make it 1/2 way up $100 hill with Shredders on my Rappy. It never bogged down, it just dug in. Even my buddies piped-only YFZ made it to within 50 feet from the top. Coming down is VERY interesting. Even with back tires locked(unlocking periodically to straighten out) and modulating the fronts from lock-up, you pick up speed the whole way down. Heading downhill at 50 MPG towards tree's is a little spooky.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

man those hill's look crazy but still i would like to go... So tell me u got any food=stamp hill's over there lol just kiddin

don't sweat the petty thing's pet the sweaty things

Old 08-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
Coming back from Lake Powell two weeks ago I saw the "Corral Pink" off road area. It this where you are talking about? How far off the highway is it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
No that is something different. This place is in Northern Arizona. I've heard good and bad about the corral pink dunes, beautiful but no hills and small area???

The cinders are big, many hills, great camping, great weather, and again steep steep hills...

Old 08-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lovbyts
here is the three part series I made... enjoy

Italian Stallion Part 1

Italian Stallion Part 2

Italian Stallion Part 3

Quick Reply: VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing