Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Man, those cheapo knobbies must really have great floatation. I could barely make it 1/2 way up $100 hill with Shredders on my Rappy. It never bogged down, it just dug in. Even my buddies piped-only YFZ made it to within 50 feet from the top. Coming down is VERY interesting. Even with back tires locked(unlocking periodically to straighten out) and modulating the fronts from lock-up, you pick up speed the whole way down. Heading downhill at 50 MPG towards tree's is a little spooky.
These old donut tires are getting too much credit, they come stock on a 79' honda 90...seriously. We have other people in our group with the same knobbies that can barely get out of camp, some run holeshots and they claim they do better (on the same bike) but they are too expensive and they look too cool, these old donut tires are ugly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

They don't really float, they bury up just like every other tire, but they are very tall???

Yeah that is how most people get injured the decend... they get going to fast, and hit a tree or a rock, or let go of the handle bars
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Old 08-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Is there anything steeper than that $100 hill?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

[i]They can air vac you out but not in bowls you have to carry the person out of the bowl. The helicopter won't go into the bowl. We had to carry a guy out of $50 punctured lung, broken arms and ribs, carried him out on a stretcher, and it takes forever to get someone out on foot with 4 people and the stretcher.

Was that a year or two ago?? I helped carry a guy out who crashed a 400ex down there.....he was messed up....we had to carry him out of the bowl to the chopper....man, that was SO hard!!!! I felt bad for him......

Old 08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: treekilla
I don't think so.......it's the longest steep hill out there......there are a few others that are close to being that steep, but they aren't as high as that one....that's what makes it so hard....

Old 08-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: treekilla
Yeah the steepest (open) hill is probably the video of the red side of $50 bowl

the steepest longest hill is now closed "million dollar hill" that is a hill untouchable with knobbies!!!

Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440grl
[i]They can air vac you out but not in bowls you have to carry the person out of the bowl. The helicopter won't go into the bowl. We had to carry a guy out of $50 punctured lung, broken arms and ribs, carried him out on a stretcher, and it takes forever to get someone out on foot with 4 people and the stretcher.

Was that a year or two ago?? I helped carry a guy out who crashed a 400ex down there.....he was messed up....we had to carry him out of the bowl to the chopper....man, that was SO hard!!!! I felt bad for him......
Yeah that was the same time. Me, my dad, and uncle were three of the guys (I was the young one) man that was a long hump out of there!!! Everyone kept trading off I think there were about 7-8 people helping... my dad towed the bike out of the bowl (front control arm ripped totally off the bike.

It's a small world[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah!!! The kid had nailed a big rock with his front a-arm and flew about 40 feet.......I was on my 440 that day.....I was down there with him for a while....raced to camp to get my cell phone.....raced back down there to wait for the chopper.....and traded off on carrying him out (I don't think I was much help!). I remember trying to help figure out the best way to get his bike out of there........so you guys were the ones that towed it out?? Then it was nice to have met you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Awesome video's Tom.

Old 08-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440grl
........so you guys were the ones that towed it out?? Then it was nice to have met you! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yep that was us... nice to have met you as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yamaha660r - thanks bro, how's the bike running???

Quick Reply: VIDEO: CINDERS Hillclimbing