Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why so many YFZ's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why so many YFZ's for sale?

My buddy bought his and when he got it off the truck he rode at least 50 feet and rolled it, bent the steering stem and bent the upper mount on the frame. He dislocated his collar bone in the process. I told him that they were not like the Raptor, that they had a little more zip, and to take it easy, but he didn't listen.

He now wishes he had gotten a Raptor because of the reverse and he was used to ridding them.

I have a picture of his in my gallery with the flame kit on it.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Damn that must have sucked

Old 09-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think that seeing YFZ's for sale is a sign of any weakness in the quad at all- probably just the opposite. They aren't so hard to handle, I'm a girl and I think it's way easier to ride than my Banshee was.....I mean....it's a four stroke....how much of a powerband can a 4-stroke have!! LOL!! But I do think that people bought them and can't handle them comfortably....I also agree that alot of people had to get rid of them due to divorce, money situations, and wanting the LE models......I do know of one person who sold his for a 450R. It's not like seeing all the 2001 Rappy's for sale in 2002!! LOL!!!

For anyone thinking of buying a YFZ...it is an amazing quad. Excellent on the track, super fun in the dunes....and I don't mind mine on the trails too much......but if you plan on sitting on the seat for long periods of time, I'd think of getting thicker seat foam! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's like a wooden plank! The firm seat is good for the track....not good for long pleasure cruises!!