Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

Originally posted by: Hozed
Originally posted by: ASDASD
I mean same accelaration as Shee, and also same power band.
why would you want the same as a shee when there is already much better... like a 450r, yfz or even a pred... my pred use to beat my buddys shee's all the time... it was funny
I'll leave that one be, but you are asking for it.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

I aggree, my buddy has an 02 shee with CPI exhaust, K&N, a V-Force reeds with no engine work and it is the sweetest ride I have ever had and I own a Raptor and have ridden a Pred and a YFZ. Nothing feels like a modded Banshee

Old 09-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

there you got it,we use to have a CPI piped shee and the thing
is the sweestest honey barker i ever heard,has it rev higher
smoother is the exhaust note!
the shee is still the meanest human addiction tough,,

Old 09-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

There's no 4 stroke duplication, the most any can wish for is with a shot of NO2 but it still wont have the sudden "out of nowhere" exposive powerband hit. It's just a 2 stroke thing that is incredible and something all sport ATV'est should experience. The best thing you can do is get your self a 2 stroke so you can enjoy the full effect...the sound...the smell...and the power.............hell I even love kick starting it!

Old 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive rode a real shee before... i still like the constant power of a 4-stroke...

Old 09-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

There's nothing like the hard hit of a 2-stroke. Their is no replacment and there will never be. No YFZ or any other bike will ever feel the same. Sure they might be faster, but speed isn't what makes the shee what it is. It's the arm-ripping explosive power outta no where...Thats what makes the shee un-replacable

Old 09-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

it takes more than pipes to make a banshee anywhere near fast.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

thats very true scrambler, but all it takes is a set of pipes to make a banshee faster than a yfz and a couple of piped ones too.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

in a race between a piped banshee and piped yfz my money would be on the yfz if the riders are equal.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Put your money where you will, I've seen it first hand many times with many different riders.

Of course, in the yfz's defense, a lot of the riders are newbs at best so a good comparison can be difficult to find. And because the banshee can be so touchy, the rider of that machine typically has to have a little more skill than most four stroke riders. I have seen enough of the two race to get a clear view of the standings though.

Very close calls for most hi po atv's at this point though. As the saying goes, just go out and have fun.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?