Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what are the disadvantages to a have a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are the disadvantages to a have a blaster

what are the disadvantages of having a blaster? and what are the advantages to haveing one?

thankyou

Old 09-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

low ground clearance but it has a very modable engine and a good aftermarket for it

Old 09-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Its a bit small,especially if your a bigger rider, no reverse and some would say the kickstart,but i don't think its to bad.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

The advantages are that you can mod them to beat other quads like 350's, 400's and if you go all out even some banshees (piped maybe). It's been done before, but it all depends on how serious of motor work you want to get into.

They are a great little quad. Very quick for their size and are really nimble in tight trails.

Old 09-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

Advantages: Small, fits inbetween trees in the woods where my boyfriend's quadzilla wont go. light, easy to pick up and turn around (my boyfriend picks it up wiht me on it just fine!). you can make it quick enough to beat other quads and keeps up well. The kick start isnt all that bad actually, I dont really mind it. Theres lots of things you can do to them... and its great for small riders like me... 100 lb girls. great to start out on. If you have good tires, it can go really well in mud.

Disadvantages: short wheel base, rolls easily sometimes. (forward... and sideways [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) ) low ground clearance... which works bad with the rolling idea. sometimes if i slam a rock really hard going downhill, it'll do somersaults on me! (but im still living). Doesnt do so great in wide ruts and deep mud with crappy tires... and high fast moving creeks. We have alot of that here in pennsylvania. If you are a large rider, then you'll probably out grow it quickly. For those of us that are little though its ok.

Its not bad for what it is and the price! Plus besides a few small things and hydraulic brakes they really havent changed much over the years! Pretty much any part from any year will fit what you have!

Old 09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

can u bore the motor out more than 80 over cause ive never heard of anything more than that, and usually that puts more stress on other parts, but if u got some ideas id like to here them.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

well, stock for stock ive raced blasters on my 01 TB, ive both beaten and lost to them in races. it all depends on the riders skill

Old 09-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

The disadvantages depend heavily on your size and weight

Disadvantages for me: Knees hit handle bars, have to sit far back on seat, feels weak with 240lbs on it, I look like a circus bear on a tricycle
Advantages for me: I can kick start it still sitting down in my riding position, I can throw it around like a toy,

Overall disadvantages: Short wheelbase/small size = low stability at high speeds, just overall small,
Overall advantages: cheap, good learning base

Old 09-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Its probably the funnest and most affordable entry level sport quad you can buy. Since its a two stroke, you better keep a close eye on maintenance or you'll be rebuilding the top end every year.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Disadvantages- rides rough (too short wheel base), 2002-below have horrible rear brakes, steel stock wheels, balloon stock tires, sounds like junk untill you buy a full exhuast system, and oil injection.

Advantages- Light, durable, reliable, 2 stroke, simple motor, peice of cake rebuilds, looks cool, wheelies, stoppies, and just fun to mess around on.

Quick Reply: what are the disadvantages to a have a blaster