Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Buyers Beware you could be buying an expencive lawn ornament

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Buyers Beware you could be buying an expencive lawn ornament

I want my mommy! Quit crying and rebuild the darn thing. If you failed to check your fluid levels at the shop while picking your machine up, it is your fault. No properly maintained machine will do that.WHAT PART OF FLUIDS CHECKED DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND and my point here is IF YOUR MOTOR BLOWS YOU CANT BYE A NEW ONE!!!you can think what you want i am just trying to get my bike going without spending a fortune on it.as i stated above no skuffs on piston no discoloration on berion case please explane that to me.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

To all the people that have been so helpfull searching net,calling dealers and contacting yamaha.I would like to thank you very very much for all your time and efford.I have a yamaha tech guy comming hopefully this week to see just what happened to this engine.I will let you guys know what the verdict is as soon as i find out.PS Thanks again for all your help

Old 09-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
I want my mommy! Quit crying and rebuild the darn thing. If you failed to check your fluid levels at the shop while picking your machine up, it is your fault. No properly maintained machine will do that. That is the price of ownership. Deal with it, or find a new motorized hobby. Maybe an electric remote control car is more your speed.
you souldnt have to check your levels when comeing back from a dealer i mean for over 50 dollars an hour i would expect some quailty work and someone to stand behind it.and also why make fun of him this helps nothing.

Old 09-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MiseryMachine
but i think his main point is that it is only 2 years old... he shouldn'r have to rebuild the whole motor...
2 years and 4,500 miles.. respectfully thats alot of miles.. and

whats with the buyers beware.. everything has tehre problems? do you think hondas break?

Old 09-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Curious.. what would be wrong with buying the parts.> you can get teh parts you need for cheaper than a brand new engine.. what piston 100 bucks cylinder.. 500 bucks just replace the things u neeed.. im also curios how did u get 14000 dollars into a grizzleY/ did u teka the plastics off and get metal ones made then gold plated?

Old 09-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

I feel like calling bs .., ive broke things and told myself it wasnt my fault.. and i agree if it was :"perfectly:" maintainted.. then yeah it wouldnt KABOOM you have also got to remember. that 4 wheelers arent cars.. they are made for performance and with 14000 dollars. have u gone further into the stock engine? i mean 8,000 dollars on pipe filter handle bars graphic kits tires lift kids F*** you could put everything on there and id otn see it adding up to 14000 ive seen raptors with 25,000 into tehm and they glitter and what not with gold sprokets and almn. gas tanks and custom paintjobs and gold wheels. u name it gold handle bars

Old 09-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Pull that bad boy up next too a tree in the yard and break out the hammock. Seriously though, why does Yamaha not have 660cc Griz engines in stock? They are still selling them new...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img].

Old 09-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
I want my mommy! Quit crying and rebuild the darn thing. If you failed to check your fluid levels at the shop while picking your machine up, it is your fault. No properly maintained machine will do that. That is the price of ownership. Deal with it, or find a new motorized hobby. Maybe an electric remote control car is more your speed.
Tough crown..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 09-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pinheaded joker, love that avatar. he tells no lies on what he's invested I'm sure, cuz just stock (with 14% fed and provincial taxes) in our marvellous Canadian currency is close to $12,000. add a plow ($500), rear seat, nicer tires/rims, and you're close to 14K without touching the engine. I think 4500 miles is kinda high, but not extreme for a 4-stroke.

I agree burkedaddy, for $75/hr (here in Canada), you shouldn't hafta do nuthin after except drive away. I've had oil changes done years ago where the $5/hr dipstick left oil plug loose. that's what started me on being a do-it-yourselfer. anyone remember, " you want something done right, do it yourself".

it's obvious some of ya think gums is completely full of crap. so much for giving a guy the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't say you doubters are a$$holes, but I knew someone just like ya, and he was [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 09-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Range Rover

i second the last response.... the machine sells for $11,000 taxes and fees in here.... $3000 candian isn't much to spend on stuff... like confused said, $500 for a plow, $300 for a rear seat, Rims here go for $295 EACH!! and say some Rubber for those.... thats already pretty damn close... what about Exhuast, jetting, and whatever else you can do.

I have seen some wierd things before, and i believe this guy.... why would he have to justify himself to you guys anyways, most of you who posted on this was to bash someone for looking for help, thats what i said before, PEOPLE would rather step on someone before they help them on places like this. Gums sorry to here about the experience, i have had a few things like this happen to me, like when i bought my 2003 Dodge Hemi.... same kind of thing happened and it was pulling teeth to get anything done.... let us know how it goes with the yamaha rep.

PS Flame away, for the people who have nothing better to do.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Buyers Beware you could be buying an expencive lawn ornament