Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Release Update -- Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me STILL gettting 1 in September, 1 October and mine in November.....No change

Old 08-22-2000, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer still tends to believe that they will come as individual units, the first being very soon, with mine being as far away as October. I'm 3rd in line.

Old 08-22-2000, 06:38 PM
Range Rover

I am 3 rd in line out of 4, and I get no real info out of my dealer. He seems reluctant to say anything before he knows for sure. He says probably late Sept. I am taking what ever comes in.
See Ya Drew

Old 08-22-2000, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

If we havent noticed, we're at the end of August with only 9 days left, so I got to guess that it will end up being the first of september. If not it should come any day now this week hopefully. I had traded weekends with some one at work to have these off so i could ride it. But now if it comes in september Ill have to work 2 full weekends and im going to be disappointed. But thats the way it goes, im also working on a website for the Raptor, and hope to have most of it up in a day or two. I will hopefully have the first video available to view the day i get it and by that weekend I should be able show video versus a ported/piped banshee and 400ex. So far im working on the pages that include the MZ bikes that the motor was developed from. And the YZ426, just to compare. Tomorrow ill work on adding the pictures section and trying to get it running live on a server. And im still looking for a decent short free address for that long URL. Let me know when ever any of you guys hear anything on arrival.

Old 08-22-2000, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I called today about mine. The salesman said they have no shipment date and have not heard a word about it. He said to call back in two weeks. I dont know about you but I dont know if I can wait any longer.

1 black/white Raptor soon.....I hope!

Old 08-22-2000, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaraptor,

That sounds great. Be sure and let us know the URL as soon as possible.

Old 08-22-2000, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

ps.. don't expect it to beat the ported/piped banshee.

Old 08-22-2000, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

well, i do expect to beat it fairly bad, its not a truly well built machine even though it is only 9 months old he did a self porting job trying to match a sandtraxx port job on another freinds bike, he has FMF fatty pipes but they are from his 87 banshee. As far as a banshee goes he probably is jetted too rich on bottom and his only power comes in at high rpm. I personally can waste him until he hits upper 6th gear on my modified Polaris 400 Sport. But assuming a real ported banshee and able rider i probably would not beat it.

Old 08-22-2000, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

Ok, Lets try and keep this thread strictly for info on delivery dates. Any time someone gets some info they can post it here.
Cool
See YA Drew
If they dont come soon I am going to die!

Old 08-23-2000, 02:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

When I said "them" I referred to the 1st two Raptors coming to my local dealership. There are actually two affiliated shops (about 30 miles apart) and each is getting a Raptor the 1st week of Sept(supposedly). Since they are one in the same company but different dealers, they are transferring one Raptor from the dealership in Town A, Va to the other in Town B, Va where I am buying them. That was discussed when I put the downpayments on both in June and it doesn't hurt to be in good with the Sales Manager. He guaranteed that the other Raptor will be transferred to the dealership closer to my home...B

Quick Reply: Raptor Release Update -- Part II