Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Release Update -- Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other thread had taken a turn for the worst and was getting off topic, so I started a new one for anyone wishing to post or read the latest on the release of the upcoming Raptor.

With that in mind, I called my dealer today and was told that although Yamaha is not making it a firm public announcement, there is a good chance the some of the first Raptors will be in the dealerships this week. It was repeated to me that a Yamaha rep is telling dealers, "Don't be surprised if one shows up this week."

Have you heard anything new?

Old 08-22-2000, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm waiting on both of mine to get here, I spoke with my salesman(the sales manager) Saturday and he says that Yamaha isn't even giving them ship dates. He says that he will know when they are pulled off the truck (being delivered) and I will know 15-20 minutes later to give me a time to pick them up. He seems to think next week will be it...B

Old 08-22-2000, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

You said them. Does your dealer seem to think that he will get more than one on the first shipment? If so, do you know how many he is scheduled to get for the first go round?

Old 08-22-2000, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

offsubject to say the least

I was last told around first of sept... being the west coast would be the last place they get to in the US.... oh well not much longer

Old 08-22-2000, 12:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Bash...has your dealer told you if you will receive yours on the first or second shipment? Are you still 3rd in line?

Old 08-22-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I hope it comes soon so i can go to silver lake with my friend who is 1st in line for one before school starts! Comon Yamaha!

00 trx400ex - AC mudscreen front bumper, Nac's headlight covers

http://www.geocities.com/cory_14/

Old 08-22-2000, 01:03 PM
Banned

Hi Bash,

I was told by my dealer yesterday that I should be expecting my Raptor sometime late August to early September. Fortunately, I'm first in line. I would like to have the bike by labor day so I can spend the whole day with the bike. And when everyone does receive their Raptors, I wish all of you a lot of luck with it.

IronBear

Old 08-22-2000, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey...I'm getting a black and white raptor and my dealer said he was getting them in around the end of august to the beginng of september. He just said he was getting a whole truck load....However much that is?

Old 08-22-2000, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

I keep hearing that the West coast will get their Raptors last. If you think about it for a moment, where would these units be coming from? I would tend to believe somewhere close to Japan. Now if you were shipping from Japan to the U.S., how would you ship? Well, if you look at a map of the world, you will see that to deliver to anywhere but the West coast would be nuts. Thus, you would think that the West coast should get their units first, and the units should trickle to the East from there. From what I understand this is actually the case, except for California which will be receiving their units last. This is due to the fact that special modifications have to be made to the units to meet all of the fun laws that they now have there. These mods supposedly won't be made until a month after the first run of production units are made.

Old 08-22-2000, 03:06 PM
klj
Trailblazer

My dealer told me yesterday that my black and white raptor is coming in the first week of September. I am from Winnipeg, Canada.

Quick Reply: Raptor Release Update -- Part II