Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Release Update -- Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got talking to a guy from alberta canada.... he was at his dealer today and seen a blue raptor being picked up! they have landed in canada!

Hopefully not much longer!

Old 08-26-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I'd say that there will be some in the US delivered tomorrow possibly and first of next week at the latest. Let the real reviews begin!!!!!

Old 08-26-2000, 12:26 AM
Range Rover

Hi All,
I am going down tomarrow morning about 10 to pay off my Raptor. I called the dealership last week without giving my name to try and get another story about delivery times. I got the same blah blah blah about the delivery, but when I told the salesman that I live 40 miles away, which I do, he started saying that I should come down and they would "work something out with the doc and setup fees" I had already paid these when I went down in july. They came to 413.35 all total and were not flexable then. I got off the phone and it started to bug me that I had to pay these but someone else might not have to.
So today I called down there as myself and told my salesman that I had sold my Scrambler and that I would be down tomarrow to pay it off, but that I had a problem. I told him that I had a friend in another state that worked at a Yamaha dealer that was not charging any fees, and that I didn't want to be a jerk but that 400+ dollars was a lot of money. ( Keep in mind that I had planned all along to buy the 540 dollar 3 year ext warranty)
He said that he understood and he would call me back. He called back an hour later and told me that he had talked it over with his "BOSS" and that the best they could do was wave the fees if I would be willing to buy the 3 yr warranty for 495.00 (thats 55 dollars less than they quoted me in july!). The moral of the story is that by just asking I managed to save 600 dollars!!!
the new OTD price is 6994.99
He also said that, although I am #4 on the list of 4, the #1 and #2 guys are holding out for B/W Raptors, and that #3 and myself will take either, so if the first 2 are blue I will be the second one to get one!!!
See Ya Drew

Old 08-26-2000, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

What's going on with my dealer? He said that he doesn't have any way of knowing what the extended warranty will cost yet. Do you think that your dealer is just charging you a little on the high side in order to cover whatever the extended warranty comes to?

PS>> Hopefully this type of post falls under the release info.

Old 08-26-2000, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

Here it is straight up, Dealers are "DEALERS" weather or not their kids eat this week depends on how well they DEAL. I think that they all have the same info from Yamaha, and that all these different stories are because some dealers kids are more hungry that others. If you need the deal you will read the customer and tell him what you think will make him or her happy, and close the deal. I think that we are going to see all the dealers get there machines at about the same time. I guess we will see.
Later Drew

Old 08-26-2000, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

When compared to cars ATVs and motorcycles have usually double to triple the mark up over cost comparatively, dealers easily make around 1500+ on MSRP, then can make $500 more in set up and make you cover shipping, documentation,etc. Since I was anxious to get mine and never dealt with this particular dealer, I agreed to pay MSRP+ a small setup fee of $153. But if it comes near one of the weekends I have to work in Sept. He will waive the fees if I let him take it and display it Trackside at the local track over the weekend. The dealer I usually buy from sells a lot of Banshees to my friends and I and on June 8 I was there at release time to put down ca$h, but he said that I would be 7th in line and I still needed to put down money, because some of his "better" customers would have first crack at them, I flat out told the guy I was his better customer and me and a few other guys who buy there werent buying **** from him. So me and my freind drove 40 miles to a much bigger dealer to put down money, and No one had even asked about it on june 9 except us. Needless to say the worm who told me I would be 7th in line called back asking if I was still interested and that I could be 2nd to get one, that theyd have to keep the first one. I told him politely what he could kiss and how I already ordered and was 1st in line at the biggest dealer in the state. So if i had not pissed him off I probably could have gotten the 2nd one but at less than MSRP but they had about $400 in fees any way. I was just lucky to be first at the bigger dealer, Because he is the biggest dealer in the state he will get the first one in the state, MiNe
So im not too upset for paying $6652