Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

boring out a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boring out a blaster

my oil injector failed, and i was just wondering what you guys think i should take it to, .2 , .4, or .6 ? if i go .4 will i have to get a bigger carb, or can i just jet it out really high?

any help appreciated, thanks in advance

Old 09-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

i want to pipe it , give it a k and n , take aribox lid off, and get a trenga racing reed spacer, and aktive flow reeds

plz help =([img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 01:07 AM
FMF
Pro Rider

I would go with Hollywood Dirt they have some real hot set up for the Blasters.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FMF
I would go with Hollywood Dirt they have some real hot set up for the Blasters.

ditto!!

and you only bore out to the next size needed to clean the cylinder up, you dont just bore it bigger thinkin it will make more power cuz it dont work that way, like the guy above said, check with them they will tell you what you can and cant do to a blaster, they are the best with them.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

if you want more power, get a big bore kit, they are fairly cheap on ebay. i need a bottom end for a blaster and mine is bored .040 over with a wiseco piston,new reeds,dg full exhaust and it did have a degree key but it shredded.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

you can't just go out and buy just any big bore, if they are not port matched properly they don't perform much better than a stock bore, been there, done that, the only big bore kits worth the money are ones that are performance ported right outta the box

Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

i would definately look into act racing 240 kit if u have the money. Its really good for 1500 bucks. if u dont have that kinda money than jus get a good ol hollywooddirt 240 there real nice. i have thta on my spare engine ready to bolt in a frame.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Trenga racing has a new 200 cc cylinder made from scratch with custom porting. "The Ultimate Cylinder" it is called. It is putting out some good horsepower compared to some other Big bore kits. And it is legal to race in the class the Blaster was designed for. Before you spend any money, shop around and talk to various shops. My personal choice is Trenga and some voice hdp, vitos, etc. Their website is well designed and they have the most products for the blaster. And if you talk to the owner he is as straight as they come. Talk to various shops and get a feel and go from their. Trenga can set you on the right track.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

i would never buy anything from trenga again he lies and will tell you to get rid of stuff on your blaster if its not from him. save yourself some greif and go to hollywood. he is almost done with my 240. he knows what he is doing. also get a reed spacer from blaster zone get the 1/2 inch its awsome and anodized

Old 09-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

i know its getting ported, but i only have enough for them to bore it , port it, and polish the head, i just want to know if it would be worth it to go to .4 or, just .2 i want more power, but i dont plan to go 240

Quick Reply: boring out a blaster