Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Crash and burn... well mainly crash.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash and burn... well mainly crash.

Well, I thought I'd share a thread of my stupidity. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

...anyway, a couple of friends phoned me up and wanted to go riding. Of course I jumped at the chance, loaded up the Raptor and off I went. We arrived at some new gravel pits, it was a blast, I was pulling fun crazy hills all day until I found one hill that looked too perfect. I didn't use my head and circle around the hill first (to see if there was any danger on the other side) I just punched it, and off I went, flew up the hill, and oh sh--t a straight drop down, 20 or so feet and right into a rivein. The quad stopped dead at the bottom, and I went for a ride solo 10 feet away. I was fine, could't stand up for 5 or so minutes because of the over-all hit my legs took. ....I didn't want to look at my Rappy though, my friends pulled it out for me, and then I seen the damage, my front right rim was a metal taco, and it wouldn't turn freely, my a-arms on the right side are all twised, and to beat it all too hell, where the bottom a-arm is held onto the frame (looks like pretty much braces on the frame) are ripped and broken, so my bottom a-arm is basically held on by a hread of steel. I was more then p*ssed off, at my own stupidity.

So now I have to purchase new a-arms, front rims, and have my frame machined and welded back to stock form.

....so let this be a lesson told. Always check stock piles, they are always changing, even if you think you know them well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I'll try and get pictures once the Rappy is torn completely down.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

OUCH............could have been worse...glad you made it

Old 09-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

damn!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Man, that hella sucks! I'm sorry for you man. At least your ok, thats the most important thing. The Rappy can be fixed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
Man, that hella sucks! I'm sorry for you man. At least your ok, thats the most important thing. The Rappy can be fixed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ditto