Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why No Calls???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why No Calls???

I have had my Raptor for sale for 3 weeks now and have had ONE call! What is the deal? The price was at $6000 but now is at $5700 obo. Let me know what you think, I'm baffled.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:09 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Why No Calls???

At that price most would rather have new.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

I'm tryin to sell mine for 6k also and have only had one call in the last few weeks...just gotta have patients on these kinda things.

Old 09-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

Well.....I always sell my quads the first day they are listed....for a few reasons....I use Cycle Trader Magazine (not the online one...the actual magazine)...and two....I get one for a week or two before I put my quad in it....to scope out the competition......then I undercut just about everyone on there (except for the people who are just wanting to dump their quad - that's too little money!) who have a quad similar to mine. Even if your quad is loaded with goodies....you aren't going to get much more out of it than what a new one will run for.....just the nature of the beast. People make the biggest mistake when they start counting all their add-ons onto the price....and you have to be well under the price of your quad new......because most people would rather go to a dealer and finance a new quad than scrape up the cash to buy your's at a higher price.......

Does that make sense? I know guys who have had their quads for sale for 6 months.........they aren't willing to come down in price.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

Sounds like 440grl has been down that road. She is right about trying to get the cost of the add-ons.

If you had a 69 Camaro Z-28 with all the numbers matching you could get $20,000.00 for it. If you put 20 grand into a quad you better keep it because no one give you that much for it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

Yep....I learned that lesson with my fully set up 440ex.....I might has well have taken that 3g's I spent on mods and threw it in the toilet!! LOL!!! But.......boy it was nice to have while I had it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Some pointers that will help you out.........if you can do it......

Buy a new set of plastics right away......to replaced your stockers. Save your stock plastics for when you go to sell it again.....it will improve the looks of your quad 100%!!!

Keep all of your stock stuff once you start modifying.....don't do the E-bay thing just yet!!! At least, if you do get alot of mods.....you can always take it all off your quad and sell it seperately if you choose to do so (sometimes you get more $$ that way)......and it just might transfer over to a new quad!

If you are going to change your tires....take the stock one's off right away, too - and keep them along with your plastics.........amazing what new tires will do when you go to sell it again!

Just pointers that I have started doing with my quads......it does help....ALOT! If you can spare the money up front, it will pay off for you in the end........you won't lose out so much when you sell your machine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Quad Patrol
Default Why No Calls???

440grl, those are some excellent pointers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But for the price he is asking, I agree with RAPTORY, the price is too close to a new one.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

you need to lower the price on that raptor ALOT. i can buy a new 05 rap out the door for about the same price maybe a bit less

Old 09-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why No Calls???

440girl,

I gotta say..........you are a VERY beautiful woman. Not to be hitting on you or anything like that since I'm married to a beautiful woman in her own right. But since I photograph women as a part-time job I have a certain appreciation for natural beauty, and you have that shine that you just can't hide.

And you look like one hell of an ATV pilot too.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Why No Calls???

wallstreet I really think the deal sealer will be when they ride your bike. It too a few months of me spreading the work about my built raptor to sell it. I sold a built very clean 2002 for $5500. The first guy that came to my house and rode the bike bought it. It just takes time.

Pat

Quick Reply: Why No Calls???