Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

X Factor Products, Nice BUT!!!...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X Factor Products, Nice BUT!!!...

WTF I guess i feel like B!tchin about sumpin. Okay so your a fabricator and you make somthing you know dam well is gonna take differnt fasteners than those that are stock on the machine to attach, INCLUDE THEM WITH YOU DAM PRODUCT!!! Like all my cheap *** armadillo skid plates. they all come with all the fasteners needed. So for my Dat burn grab bar i gonna have to go pick up some longer bolts to attach it to the sub frame. Well that and to maintain my tail like i will have to either make a differnt braket or do a lil cutting on the old one to remove the fender brackets since those are on the new grab. ohhh good times.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did you try calling the company??? I have found that calling them first before complaining allways worked for me. 99.9% of the companies I have had problems with right out of the box all ways came thru for me with the parts I needed to get my mods installed correctly. Try it, it just might make you happy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Ohh its not that i aint happy with it. its just the fact that the mounting section of the grab bar is as thick as the stock bolts are long. about 40 cents in parts or if you do the magic bolt trick at lowes and mark em as washers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 2 cents apiece or sompin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL!! ok, I see now... But heck, I would still call them and talk them into sending you some just because of the stress.... hehehehehe

Old 09-16-2004, 01:57 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I would. i think i will send em an email and tell them they should include fasteners with their product even if they gotta charg 5 bucks more. so what. saves me a couple bucks in gas. and time is money. But seein as i have no grab bar on their right now and i was thinkin about hittin the sand saturday no where to mount a flag so i kinda gotta get it on

Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

I have x-factor nerfs and they are pretty sweet. My friend bought a set for his z400 and the cross bar that goes through the quad was tapered so it could fit under his oil tank. I thought it was lame that they were made like that and would weaken them. Sure enough, within a few weeks of having them on there, they bent at one of the tapers. The ones on my rap are cylindrical all the way through and are very sturdy.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:11 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I have Tusk Nerfs. There the cheapest and i put a set thru hell on my warrior and seemed to be pretty tough so i have em on the rappy too.