Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

stolen bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen bike

a couple of weeks ago my 4wd was stolen but i got a quick lead on where it was so i didnt report it stolen
,but before i got my hands on it the numbers on the frame and engine were filed off...in ms the state dosent require that you register atv's so what do i tell the cops the next time they try to run the vin#'s??

Old 09-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default stolen bike

For one thing, I would have reported it. Now that when you do report it they might frown at you.... I would take it to your local Deparment of Motor vehicles and they may stamp it again with a new VIN or the same one. I would at least check into it. Before you go though, make sure you have some type of title or papers on it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2004, 04:00 AM
Quad Patrol
Default stolen bike

Like Raptor said, even though your state, might not require you to register your atvs. Definately find out if, they will re-stamp your old VIN or re-issue you another one. Here in Ca. we don't have to register our atvs either. But, as a tool to recover stolen atvs, you can't beat having one. Also, it is against Ca. law to possess an item that had it's serial or VIN number removed. Each state is different. So, contact your DMV or local police dept.

Old 09-19-2004, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default stolen bike

So if I understand correctly, you got your quad back. What happened to the guy that took it?

Old 09-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default stolen bike

He get it back? I read it as it is still stolen *reads it again *

Old 09-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Quad Patrol
Default stolen bike

Speedy, I read it as he recovered it also. But, before he could get to it, the low life thief, was able to remove the VIN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Maybe Yamaha4life can clarify this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default stolen bike

yes i got the bike back it was a punk kid so i cant touch him( at least for a couple more years)

Old 09-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default stolen bike

get a restraining order or try and get him on some sort of house arrest.

Old 09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Range Rover
Default stolen bike

all three of my bikes were stolen in broad daylight when i was at work
they got my 99 blaster and then two weeks later they got my 02 raptor and my 03 YZ125

as of now i got the blaster and raptor back but the bike is still missing
police know who did it but they cant tell me they are trying to recover the dirtbike before they make a case out of it

i am glad i got at least two of em back. that is better than none. i never knew what it was like to get your stuff stolen but wow it sucks.
i hope it never happens to anyone else. take all precaution believe me it is worth it

Old 09-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default stolen bike

i was lookin into it and the kyriptonite NY chain and ev disc lock are only 69.95. that pretty good if youve got something solid to chain her too, if not theres a floor mount that attaches to the concrete of ur garage... im gettin that. STEAL MY BIKE and PAY.... or at least insurance will...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: stolen bike