Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PHX Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2000, 03:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I‘m planning a trip to the Cinders by Flagstaff for Labor Day weekend. Need some one to ride with. Wife doesn’t like me to ride alone. Any one going up let me know. I'm also open other weekends at other riding areas. All terrain all speeds. Let me know.

Old 08-25-2000, 09:58 PM
Range Rover

Where abouts is Pima and Dynamite? I live in chandler and havent been out since a trip to the cinders in June....itching to get out and ride but still kind of wimpy about the heat. Let me know?

Old 08-25-2000, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

It’s in north Scottsdale. From Chandler you would take the 101 Freeway North to the end. That’s Pima Rd until the freeway is finished. Then follow Pima north until you hit Dynamite. There are some power lines near this intersection that branch out to many trails. From here mountain bikers go to the south and dirt bikes and ATV go north. From there you can go back to Tonto National Forest, including Bartlett Lake, Horseshoe Lake and the Verde River. They say it will only hit 95 this weekend and up there it is usually a little cooler especially in the morning. If you are interested in this area or the Cinders on Labor Day let me know. My regular riding partner has moved to CA and I haven’t been riding since.

Old 08-26-2000, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Phx Riders:

Any of you been to Rocky Pointe to ride?

How about Competition Hill???

JJ's????

Margueritavilla (love those $1.00 beers)???

Manny's (great ocean view)???

The Reef (my personal favorite, love those photos!)???

(Que, Que (Wow, wow)?????

Crystal Palace????

Maybe we can hook up and spend the weekend at my place in Cholla Bay?

Old 08-26-2000, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Rob4092
Haven’t been to Rocky Point.
But The Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Southern Utah are fantastic. It is near Zion. The sand has a pink hue to it. There is also a pine forest surrounding the dunes with many trails. I’ve been there four times and still haven’t seen it all. The dunes are not nearly as large as Glamis or Buttercup though. Have you been to the Cinders? It makes Comp hill at Buttercup and Olsmobile at Glamis look tiny. It has approx. 1000ft hills that are steeper than heck. Only the machines with serious mods do well on the bigger hills. You are essentially riding up the side of a volcano and sometimes inside of one. Paddles are a must. The best thing is its in AZ and it’s cool in the summer. The bad thing is its 7000-ft elevation sucks your power. If your interested I’m going up there Labor Day weekend. There is usually a large crowd on the 3-day weekends, so I try to camp far away because people ride all night long. Just like the dunes. I may go riding locally early tomorrow morning to beat the heat. It seems to be getting cool enough to ride as long as it’s before noon. Definitely not the best conditions but I need to ride.

Old 08-26-2000, 03:45 PM
Range Rover

drider......check your e-mail?

Old 08-27-2000, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

I'm in for the cinders! I could even show you around! I go to the cinders pretty frequently considering its a half hour drive! Anyways....not sure if you wanna ride with a 15 yr old though! Well, c'ya

Old 08-28-2000, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

We go to Puerto Penasco about twice a year. The riding is getting worse and worse. Everything is fenced and new hotels are going in everywhere. We usually stay at Playa Bonita, and pretty soon we won't be able to ride down the beach to the Reef or JJ's. Guess that leaves more time for kickin' back on the beach and sippin' Pacifico's. Oh well...

Old 08-29-2000, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

I agree...lots of new hotels and fences up along the beach. That sucks....but that is just the way it is.

However, there is still some great riding north of Cholla Bay along Black Mountain. It is about 1 mile north of Cholla Bay and goes right up to the beach.

Try it...you will like it!

Old 08-31-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I know some of you are going out this weekend. Well I'll be the guy on a grey and yellow Banshee looking for someone to churn some cinders with.

Quick Reply: PHX Riders