Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cheap Theft Deterrent Idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Theft Deterrent Idea

I noticed a several reported quad thefts lately especially when travelling and stopping for the night. I had a idea for a cheap theft deterrent. This would only work if you have a enclosed cargo type trailer. This idea would keep thieves away especially when you are travelling and people don't recognize you. My idea is to use camouflage, not the ordinary kind though. You would have to take all your racing stickers off of your trailer to make it work. You could cheaply get some vinyl signs made up for the side of your trailer to make people think there is something else inside, not your quads. Get some signs made up that say something like "Mobile Raw Sewage Removal Unit" "Biohazard Warning" and put them on the sides and back. You could even get a little brown paint and put it around the bottom of the door and on the handle/locks. I am thinking the thieves would not even look your way twice. Or a sign that said "Dead Livestock Removal" Of course you could make these signs removable so you don't always have to run with them.

It may be weird, and I am completely joking about this, but I think it would probably work.

Old 09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

that would be kinda kool lol

Old 09-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Quad Patrol

That is one way of trying to keep the low lifes away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Or a sign that said "Dead Livestock Removal"
What if their hungry? :S

Old 09-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

When not in the RV I make sure and stay in a room where I can look out the window and see my truck and
make sure there is a clear aim for my model 17 !

Old 09-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

I used a fake name and put something like "Monte County Sheriff's Dept." or "Pineview Police Dept. CSI Unit"

This way the crooks know if they screw with the trailer they got a pretty good chance of going to JAIL!

GLWBEAR

Old 09-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

My 3 good friends - Mr. HP Browning along with Mr. Smith & Mr. Wesson - are an economical deterrent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. They always work for as much or as little as I chose to feed them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 09-21-2004, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

hey the sheriff idea is pretty good, maybe something like K-9 unit or something. lol.

Old 09-21-2004, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

The cop idea didn't work well with me.
I was in Santa Cruz at the beach (not Quading) and stayed at a $300/night Hotel and left a real looking cop badge on the dash to detour theives and came out the next morning to find my car kicked and dented and a nice key going all the way down the whole side of the car with F@ck cops keyed in my paint.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

hey guys,
the best, and cheepest theft stopper out right now is not a gun,( though i love mine) or a lock, chain, trailor. it is a simple small ear peircing alarm system. it is a box that is 2x4 inchs in size. it gives off a ear peircing squeel if moved, or played with. if you place it on the bottom of your frame with valcro, or hide it anywhere you can on a quad, and someone moves it, you'll hear it a block away. it wont go off in the wind, but roll a quad, sit on one, or even lean against it with any force, and it will squeel like a virgin. you can buy them at home depow, or most hardware stores. they are made to put on your windows/doors at home while your sleeping. if a thief grabs your quad, it WILL go off, and most thiefs dont want that kind of attention, so they will bold. this is great for trips, where you leave your quad to sleep, and it sits in the parking lot. you can install them to a trailor also.
they cost about $30.00 each, and worth every penny.
just a sudjestion

Quick Reply: Cheap Theft Deterrent Idea