Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster oil injection question

The answer is YES... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 12:58 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

my blaster is getting bore-work, and it is supposed to be finished early tomorrow. I want to go riding tomorrow, but i cant because my local dealer's block off kit is gone, and my oil injection failed. is it OK for me to just mix my gas with yamalube, and go riding? or is there something wrong with riding witout the block off?

plz help , i wanna ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

You can leave the oil injection plastic gear in until you get the kit. Make sure you plug the small hose going into your carb and the side of the case. You can use a screw to cap them. Do not ride it unless you do this! Don't forget to mix your gas..

Old 09-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

why does it need to be plugged if i am not going to have oil runnin through it , and whatt u mean plug the hole in the carb, im not taking the system off yet, not even the tank.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

It needs to be plugged so air doesn't go through it into your carb. How exactly did it fail? If you just put everything back together with the oil injection in place it might start working again and you would be running really rich.

Old 09-24-2004, 01:17 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

im CoNfUsEd!!!! , if there is no oil in the tank y ccant i just mix gas and go lol..... do you think i should just ride without a b/o kit? or should i do wat u said. if u think i should do wat u said, plz explain clearly, im we-todd-ed and i dont get what you're tryin to say

thanks for helpin me

Old 09-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

the reason i wanna go riding so bad is cuz i promised a girl and some other friends that id take them riding, we have lots of bikes, but i think the blaster is the only thing they could handle

wouldnt be cool to see my friends die on my dads 12k banshee, or ruin my kx 125 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

sry again, i just noticed u port and polished by urself, how did you do it and was it effective? i wanted porting, untill my mom got laid off, we couldnt afford porting and polishing so i wanna do it myself

Old 09-24-2004, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

Sorry,

The system that was pumping the oil into your carb will still want to pump. Instead of oil, it will pump air (not good). Its not to hard to remove the system. Take the oil tank off and follow the hose. Cut it about a half inch above were it goes into the case and put a screw in it. A second hose comes out in the same spot. You want to cut this one in two places. Cut it an inch from the carb and put a screw in it and do the same were it goes into the case.

Something to consider! How did your injection system fail? If it was the plastic gear, you need to wait until you get the kit.

Quick Reply: Blaster oil injection question