Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Raptors Are Coming

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at a yamaha dealer in Bettendorf IA. My boss told me today that 3000 raptors have been released to the yamaha warehouse last week. which means that even as we speak the first of them could be on there way to dealers. and by the way i heard a rumor today that a dealer to the south of us got 2 Raptors yesterday, while i havent confirmed this yet it does sound promising. I am first on the list at work and hope to be riding next weekend. cant wait to tell eveyone how it is

Old 08-26-2000, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

I SPOKE WITH THE YAMAHA ORDER DESK (WHERE DEALERS CHECK STOCK, SHIP DATES, CONFIRMATIONS OF THEIR ORDERS, ALLOCATIONS, ETC..) YESTERDAY AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT THE RAPTOR'S ARE HERE, AND EVERY DEALER WHO ORDERED RAPTORS WILL GET (1) EACH OF THE INITIAL SHIPMENT, AND EACH REGION WILL GET THEIRS AT THE SAME TIME...I ASKED IF ANY DEALERS IN THE COUNTRY HAD GOTTEN ANY RAPTORS YET, AND SHE SAID THERE ARE SOME CHICAGO AREA DEALERS WHO ARE JUST NOW GETTING THEIR (1) RAPTOR...SHE EXPECTS WE (THE SOUTH OR SOUTHERN REGION) WILL GET OUR UNIT NEXT FRIDAY (CROSSING MY FINGERS). I AM A FORMER G.M. OF A YAMAHA DEALERSHIP, AND I HAVE A DEPOSIT ON THE FIRST ONE AT MY FORMER SHOP..I'VE BEEN READING ALL THE RAPTOR POSTS AND I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE..HAVE YOUR DEALER IN YOUR AREA CALL THE YAMAHA (CALIF) ORDER DESK FOR THEIR EXPECTED RECIVING DATES!

BAMA250R....'88 250R; '88 350RX; '86 350RX, '00 KOIAK 4x4; '99 TT-R 250R (BLUE RAPTOR ON ORDER)
certain text edited. Please don't post items for sale in the forum; use the classified pages.
ATVBBS

Old 08-26-2000, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

sorry just had to let that out..... the wait is killing me and now that its getting closer it getting worse!

sorry about that but man I feel better!

Old 08-26-2000, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

blkraptor, since you work at a dealer, do you know how much prep time is involved in getting a unit delivered out of the crate? If mine comes in by Friday, surely they can get it serviced before closing on Saturday. I really want it for the long weekend. What about jetting? Will the dealers leave them at the factory settings?

Old 08-26-2000, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you blkraptor. I'm #2 fropm Street Track and Trail in Pa.
Thank you Thank you Thank you

Old 08-26-2000, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

IT SHOUDNT TAKE MORE THAN AN HOUR OR TWO TO SET UP AND YES THE FACTORY JETTING STAYS IN IT SHOULD WORK FINE

Old 08-26-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I bought my 400ex from STNT in PA. My friends call it street track and rip off

Old 08-27-2000, 02:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

for every ones information there is a major yamaha warehouse in chicago that would explaine why some chi dealers have theirs already. they should be filteriyng out to the rest of the midwest over the next week.

P.S> sorry about the sloppy spelling but I hav speent the eveneeingg at the local bar celbrating the arrival of my ATV so please forgive me

Old 08-27-2000, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

blkraptor

LOL the spelling don't bother me a bit! When I get mine I am going to be celibrating it to!!

Thank You very much for the info

Old 08-28-2000, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just got off the phone with my dealer. He called up yamaha and found out that the shipments to western US... at least Oregon won't start until the first week of sept. He said that it would take 7-10 days once its shipped to arrive at the dealer.. because they go to a frieght yard then are devided up to the dealers...... best case sept 10-12....... I was really hoping it was going to be this week....... oh well just have to wait a couple more. At least I have somewhat of a date now.

Quick Reply: The Raptors Are Coming