Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

"I'm getting a blue one""well I'm getting a white one"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2000, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to clarify once and for all. The Raptor MIGHT be a great bike, it MIGHT not. I think that it is odd that someone is willing to RISK wasting $6500 for a bike that the comic books say is great and by seeing a few pictures. It is always fun to have the new toy on the block and be the center of attention. I totally agree. I just do not get it how everyone can say anything about this bike without RIDING it! I had a 99 Warrior, rode the 400ex and bought it that day. If I like the Raptor, AFTER I ride it, I will buy one. I am not jumping the fence or saying that Honda is better or vice-versa, my whole complaint in all the messages is how all the people who have one on order think that it is the greatest thing since the Quad was invented by Suzuki, with absolutely no leg to stand on. There are several things I like about it, but there are things that concern me about it. I have to RIDE it to see if I am right or wrong about my concerns. I also have to see it in real life to see if it is cool or lame. I thought the Bombardier looked fairly cool in the magazines and then I saw one in real life and decided that it was definitely not for me.

I love how pissed people get when I disrespect their UNKNOWN pride and joy. The e-mails are fun to read. Good humor.

Hopefully everyone gets it now, however, if anyone needs a Kleenex from the other posts, feel free to write me so I can send you one.

P.S. the only reason I picked on a Banshee at all is because my best friend bought one and he likes Kleenex too. It is a proven bike, so there is no way I can say it is bad (other than the air filter setup) Just like the airbox assembly breaks on a 400ex and the subframe bends at the battery. I can criticize any quad, but I can complement them too, just glad I have a sport quad and am healthy to ride it.

Old 08-28-2000, 03:49 AM
Range Rover

I for one understand what your saying. However, you criticize those who are "pumpin it up" without riding it, but its alright that you "slam it down" without riding it. H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t

And another point is....us future Raptor owners "do" have legs to stand on with our praises. It HAS been tested, riden, beat on, jumped, raced, dragged, and put through all situations by MANY mags, critics, and various related affiliates. And alot of the test were done by SEASONED pro "winning" riders/racers. We are not speculating at all, just preaching what "is" known. Sure, the thing may have its troubles down the road...but as of now....there isnt much to complain about is there? Thats our story. For you to slam, bash and negate what we are saying is just foolish. We are basing our info on TESTS, actual tests. And from those tests... you have nothing to argue about being "bad" or "disappointing".... Anyone has the right to state their opinion - but when you call us "dumb" to be in line for one...thats where you are outta line, if you practice what you preach. When a TEST result is documented with statements from riders that say " this thing is disappointing" or " the Raptor is over-rated" THEN come here and say the things you say. So far, from many many reports, tests, and reviews....Nothing even close to bad was mentioned. So, in conclusion....who's being the jerk in here, and who's trying to be happy about their new quads on the way?

I didnt post in your thread to **** you off, I just wondered if you realized how hypocritical you are. The only possible reason at all for starting this thread, was to start the fights in yet another topic. If you like what you ride, then go praise it in your forum...just like we are in ours. Its all about fun, until someone thinks they are "god" on a quad. And why should it bother you if I spent my money on a quad I want ? Ill go spend 30,000 on a moped if I wish...its nunya business.

Old 08-28-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Check out Kiwi-Craig's post on riding the Raptor.
I'm fairly certain he isn't associated with Yamaha or any magazine.

Old 08-28-2000, 12:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My thoughts exactly Weibz.

Old 08-28-2000, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

very well put weibz.

Old 08-28-2000, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

One thing is for sure, I am getting a Blue one, And you are not. Thats all we care about. Im getting the first one in the state. And when it does turn out that you might want one, you wont be able to get one until next spring. Just ride your warp speed 400ex and be happy with what you got, Im tired of your belly aching because thats all you do. If you really think it matters that much maybe you should go buy one because you appear to be an fair, openminded, honest, critic and Im sure every one would welcome your 2 years of riding expertise and the excellent Literary usage you have. Since you know exactly what everyone needs to ride then you should be hired by High Torque Publications as an Editor, and by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Artic Cat, Cannondale, Kawasaki, Polaris, Kaesa, E Ton, Gas Gas, Husaberg and all ATV manufacturers as Their Cheif Of Research and Development and Head Design Engineer.

Old 08-28-2000, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Amen, YaMaRaPtoR! I too will be the first one in the area with a shiny blue Raptor. Where are the "waiters" going to find one to test ride? If they are all sold, there are no test rides. Mine is not a demo for all to ride. That's why I jumped on it early. If I was disappointed after taking delivery, it would be the only one around for sale. Hardly "wasted money" as it will have a resale value equal to what I paid for it. I gambled and so far it was the right decision.

Old 08-28-2000, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

Yamaraptor,

Hey, put an email link on your website, for sending video and pictures for your page. I couldnt find it anywhere. Keep up the good work. That way others can contribute. Thanks.
(only if you want that is)..I have some test photos, and will soon have video.

Later.

Old 08-29-2000, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

How many of you guys want "Hak" to beat it back to the Honda forum? Some people just have to "stir up the sh*t" to be happy. I'm glad he won't be getting a Raptor anytime soon, it'll give all of us time to rub plenty of salt into the wounds when he realizes he was totally full of fecal matter on this subject.

Old 08-29-2000, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

The email link is on the first page and the pictures page now!

Quick Reply: "I'm getting a blue one""well I'm getting a white one"