Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Carburetor

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor Carburetor

You need to check the oil in the tank when the engine is warm, not cold.

Many pipes will stick out past the stock pipe. Longer pipes have more area for muffler packing so they quiet the sound more. If the sparks was any shorter it would be extremely loud. Same with the ct and others.

If you like the gytr then look at the gytr header as well. Its a little smaller than the stock header and is supposedly better for stock bikes. It gives better low and mid range.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm i want more top end i have to much low end. lol. i was the best pipe overall does anyone else recomend anything different. if the ct is the best then where do i buy it at?....what does the main jet and pilot jet control? does one control air and one fuel or what?... are there any other jets that need changed? i mean i just changed my main 160/ 165 and my pilots to 25. does anyone have higher than a 25? does the higher number mean leaner on pilot jet or what?....because right now with the jet kit and air filter and modifeid stock muffler my bike runs rich. i can see smoke...un burnt fuel...if i adjust the fuel enrichment screw in a turn will that be bad? .....and also... does anyone bike start to flood itself when they are on a steep hill esp on a hill that leans the bike to the right???? what would cause it to load up?

Old 10-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Range Rover

i think that the hmf is a really good pipe especially for the price

Old 10-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Range Rover

If you want the best pipe made for your raptor, BUY THE SPARKS, but if you want a subpar exhaust, its your choice. Do a search and read what people have said about the sparks. I wouldnt take anything for mine.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

What about the LRD? Guy at work says the full system puts out 12 hp and all others are 8 hp????

Old 10-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Remember...all those numbers are a bit inflated...I also heard that LRD makes the Sparks pipe...I may be wrong.....I am personally going with the Sparks X-6 big core ceramic

Old 10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Have you ever heard of LTE Racing. They sell a dual kit for 730. anyone heard of it? www.lteracing.com ... and can anyone answer my question: does turning the air/fuel screw out put more fuel or more air in.....??

Old 10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorTuned-I have the LTE dual exhaust system and it is of very high quality and it performs well at all points in the power delivery.I am using the LTE on my 690 and although i get very good power throughout the LTE is at its best in the top third of the rpm range.When i am drag racing at the dunes i can usually come back from a poor start because of the strong top end power that the LTE has.I am aware that the extensive build that i had done on my raptor is the biggest factor in its performance but the LTE plays a big part in that also.Another benefit is the unique sound of a twin system on a four stroke especially when you really get on it,it sounds great.UPP sells a superior carb boot that stays put under any condition and i believe their site is www.uppracing.com.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info man... anyone know why my bike would be flooding itself when getting on really steep hills? i read somewhere that someone elses did the same thing...anf the air-fuel mixture screw. which way do you turn it to make the mixture leaner?

Old 10-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

If the bike floods while going up a hill, it's float levels. You need to set them to 3mm above the split in the carbs.

Quick Reply: Raptor Carburetor